What Just Happened

Wei Wuxian POV-

Soon the army of cultivators from many sects had reached us ready to strike at any moment. Only the presence of Lan Zhan halting them in their advances. Which was not much but atleast they didn't outright attack us.

Yay progress!

"Wangji, come here" commanded Master Lan.

"..." Lan Zhan didn't even move a muscle, declaring his stance in this situation.

This angered the group gathered. The Lans, as they have been taught from young age not to loose minds with emotions were calm but disapproving. Master Qiren looked at Lan Zhan with utmost disappointment, while at me with hatred.

But the other cultivators were not that restraint, and didn't take long for them to start cussing and shouting for my death. It almost felt like that they picked up on some phrases passing by the local market and now hailing with a few choice words.

"You should die"
"You don't deserve to live"
"If you get resurrected 1000 times, we will kill you 1000 times. Such evil should not be allowed to live"
"You killed 5000 people at Nightless city, and injured a lot more, you need to pay penance for all that"
"You killed countless innocent guards at Qionqi road. You devil spawn."
"The blood debts you owe for those thousands of lives can never be repaid. Even if you die ten thousand times."

Seems like they are content to talk. Sweet!

Oh wait- maybe i can make them see reason.

Hopefully.

So I answered. Thankfully my voice did not come out as shaky. "5000? Countless? Thousands of life on me? I never killed so many people since the Sunshot campaign. You maybe right that there were 5000 people at the nightless city. But amongst them were their very own leaders. Do you really think that I killed them all with them present? Do you think I am that awesome or they are that incapable?"

One of the cultivators from Yi Clan piped up, "Do you really want to negotiate on how many people you killed? Are you really bargaining on blood debt?"

"Its not that I am bargaining on something like this. But I will not accept blame for things I did not do just because people say that I did."

Apparently Yao sect people were feeling left out so someone from their end spoke, "You didn't do? What in the world there is left that you didn't do?"

"Oh thank you for asking, I am all for giving examples. I am not the one to dismember ChiFeng-Jun. I am not the one who forced Madam Jin to take her life. I am not the one controlling corpses on this mountain either."

Then one and only Su She let his voice be heard, "Yiling Laozu, Wei WuXian. I always heard that you were an arrogant brat, yet now you want to sound humble. Other than you I don't see anyone capable of controlling so many fierce corpses, and putting up such a good fight."

"Oh you really can't think of anyone? really? Oh wait- sorry! I'll tell you, any one with Stygian Tiger Seal can control these corpses"

"Isn't that one of YOUR weapons?"

"Yeah yeah, But did you forget? I died. And as far as I remember you can't take anything with you in death. So of course I do not have it. "

"You - Like its difficult for you to get it back! After all you came back from your so called death."

"Oh believe me it was not in my TODO list"

Suddenly there were strange sounds coming from the forest again.