Chapter 26.

Mark POV
We walked to where we'll get drink.
Since we are stuck together, I'll like to get to know you more, hope you don't mind.

No, I don't, I think it's a good idea. I've told you my name, what else do you want to know.

Since we are about to be friends I would like to know what your likes and dislikes are, what you like to do most.

Hmm, she sigh and sipped her drink.
Well, I love going to parties, shopping and making friends as for dislike, I don't like sharing things I cherish most and I hate lies, what about you?.

Well, I'm not the party type but I love making a lot of friends, as for my dislikes, I hate lies too and proud fellow. Now you know something about me, Are we now friends?.

Not really, she joked.

I know you can't resist being my friend, we both laughed.

You're funny, seems you'll make a good friend.

Are you trying to say we are now friends?

Something like that.

Okay, I'll take that as a yes.
She smiled, wow she looks so pretty. Are you married, I asked breaking the silence.

No, she said looking so surprised.

I know she didn't expect that question. I smiled, I still have a chance to pursue her.

But I have a fiancee, she said bringing me out of my thoughts.

I don't mind if she has a fiancee, they are not married yet. I expected that I said. Beautiful ladies like you can't be single.

Are you trying to say I'm beautiful, she blush?

Yes, of course, you're so beautiful.

Wow, enough of the praises before my head explodes.

Fine.

What about you, are you in a relationship.

I broke up with my girlfriend, I caught her in bed with some guy, so I'm single and searching.

I'm so sorry, your Ex has to do that to you.

It's fine, I'm over her. Please can we talk about something else, I don't want to talk about her.

Okay, I'll respect your wish.

So tell me, how did you get to know Betty.

She laughed, she's a cranky person. We got to know each other in college, she was a hot case, and not many people approach her.

If only they know her sweet sides.

Yes. At first, we started as mortal enemies but everything changed when she saved my life, I'm so grateful to her.

What happened to you.

I don't want to get into detail, I don't want to remember the past.

Okay, I'll respect that. Here she comes, I said as I sighted her.

What did I miss, she asked as she got to us?

Nothing, Veronica replied.

Vera, I'm sorry I took so long.

No problem.

Let's go sit over there and have something to eat, Betty said.

Yes, I'm hungry, vera said.

What are waiting for, Betty said and drag her alone, I followed behind.

Lizzy POV
After hearing her story, I stormed out angrily out of her room, I can't believe big brother will do this.
I walked back to the dining room, he was still busy with his food.
You are unbelievable, how could you do this to her.