Chapter 18

Daniel's POV.
My phone beeped, I look through it and saw Dad's message
"how's everything going, I read his message".
Give me more time, I texted back.

I sigh as I poured the bottled water into a glass cup, I gulp down the whole water.
I dropped the glass and left the kitchen.
I went back to the room, I met her lying on the bed, I lay beside her

Oh, you're back, she said and sat up.

Yes, I sat up too.

I have something for you but first, you need to close your eyes.

Okay, I close my eyes.

You can open your eyes, I heard her say.

I opened my eyes to see the file I've been waiting for the whole time to get, finally, it's right in front of me. Once I get hold of it, my mission here is complete, I can go back to being who I used to be.
Wow, you got it for me, I said happily.

Yes, what I promise I always fulfill. I love you and I'll do anything for you.

Don't you want to know why I want it?

I don't care, I trust you, I know you won't use it for something bad.

I hug her, if only she knows what she has gotten herself into handing over this file to me, she will hate me for life. I took the file from her.
I have something to do, I might not come back tonight so don't wait for me.

Where are you going too, can't it wait tomorrow?

No, it's really important.

Why am I having this feeling that you're leaving me?

I'm not, I'll be back.

Okay.

I kissed her on the forehead, this probably a goodbye kiss, when next we meet again we'll become enemies.
I wish I could turn back but I can't, I choose my father and his plan.
I left the room in a hurry, my mission here is complete, I turned to look at her for the last time, she blew me a goodbye kiss.

Yvette Roberts POV
As he left the room, I felt uneasy, why do I  have this feeling that this was a goodbye.
No, why will I think such, Daniel will never leave me, he loves me I can feel it.

I lay back on the bed, I couldn't get my mind off from the thought of him leaving me. I kept turning around on the bed, I could picture the pity in his eyes as he turned to glance at me for the last time.

I stood up from the bed, I walked out of the room, I need to drink chill water to calm myself.
I walked into the kitchen, I met mom in the kitchen preparing lunch
Hi mom, I greeted and smooch her cheek.
What are you preparing for lunch, I asked?

You're favorite.

My favorite? I said excitedly.

Yes

I can't wait to have my lunch. Mom why didn't you inform me to come to cook with you, you know how much I love doing that.

I didn't want to disturb you, you and Daniel were having some good time together, she winked at me.

Mom!, I yelled.

Speaking of Daniel, where is he, your dad has been asking after him.

He went out not quite long.

Okay, when he gets back ask him to see your dad.

Okay, I'll be in my room.

Don't stay in long, lunch will soon be served.