Chapter 24

Elizabeth POV
The taxi halted in front of his house, big brother will be so surprised to see me, I giggled. I climbed out of the taxi, paid the driver, and walked toward the door. I knocked gently as I waited patiently to be answered, the door went opened, and a lady in uniform greeted me politely, Judging from her clothes, she must be one of his maids.

Young miss, she said as she asked me in. How did she know who I am, I've never been here, this was my first time coming to big brother's house.
Why did you call me young miss, I asked, I never told you who I was.

I'm sorry if I offended you by calling you that, you look so much like the young Master so I assumed you must be his sister.

Hmm, You are so observant, I like that, I smiled. What's your name, I asked?

Mercy

What a lovely name.

Thank you miss.

You don't have to call me miss, you can call me Elizabeth or call me Lizzy like my friends does, judging from your face we might be the same age.

Okay, miss, I mean Lizzy. Should I inform your brother of your presence?

No need, I want it to be a surprise, please can you get me something to drink.

Yes, miss, she said and walk away.

Yvette POV

Now everywhere is calm, this is the perfect time to run away. I stood up from the bed and tiptoed out of the room, I walked down the stairs silently. I scanned the surroundings to see I was spotted by anyone if I get caught my life is over. I heave a sigh of relief as I saw no one in sight.
I unlocked the door to make my way out of the house, when I felt a hand on me, I jumped in fear. Oh no, I'm in trouble, my life is over, I thought as I swallow hard, I felt like the ground should just open and swallow me up.

Miss, where are you going, I heard a lady's voice behind. I felt a little bit calm but I knew if this get to Daniel's ears, my days of torment will start. I turned to see who spoilt my plan of escaping this hell.
I fell dumb as I saw the resemblance, she looks so much like him, she must be his sister, I thought.

Miss, are you with me she snapped her fingers at my face.

Yes, I managed to speak out.

Where are you going to, dressed like that, she said?

I... I, I stammered, I was Lost for words.

Are you a maid here, she asked.

I looked at her spitefully,  do I look like a maid, I don't blame her, if her brother didn't treat me badly and made me wear these shitty clothes I won't be mistaken as a maid.

I'm sorry if I offend you, she said as she notice my expression. I'm Lizzy, Daniel's little sister she said.

I felt so irritated as I heard his name, I felt like puking. Yvette, I replied.

Nice to meet you, she brought out a handshake.

I stared at her, leaving her hand hanging when I heard footsteps approaching. 
What's going on here, I heard Veronica's voice as she approached us.
Lizzy dropped her hand as she turn to see who was coming toward us.