Chapter 17

Veronica Robert's Pov
I couldn't sleep, I kept turning around on the bed. I felt jealous, angry that Daniel was cuddling her and not me.
I waited for hours for her to fall deep asleep before I wake Daniel, I was burning up in angry watching them close to each other.

I stood up from the bed and went to the side he was lying on, I tapped him gently when I was sure she was fast asleep, he opened his eyes and stood up reluctantly.

What do you want, he asked sleepily?

I want you.

You are kidding right.

No, I'm not, Why do you think I'm here in the first place.

Veronica, please not here, can't you see she's here. He said pointing in her direction.

I don't care, I want you, so give me what I want or.

Or what, he cuts in.

I won't let you sleep.
He held me tightly by the arm

It hurts, I cried pain.

It will hurt a lot more if you don't go back to bed, he whispered in a cold tone.

I bit my lips seductively and gently rubbed his chest, he pulled away. Why are you playing hard to get or am I not attractive enough?, what do you see in her that I don't have.

Veronica, please don't start.

I glared at him, don't tell me you have fallen for her.

What if I have.

Do you think she will still love you if she knows about your plan? just take a look at me I'm ready to be by your side even when I know who you are.

He held me by the waist, go back to sleep, I didn't say I'm in love with her, I'm doing all this to achieve my aim.

Really.

Yes, I want her to fully trust me so I can get what I want.

You are so evil, I love it.

Now, can you go back to bed before you wake her?

Will you be with me, if you have gotten what you want?

Yes

I hugged, do you know how happy I am tonight to hear this from you, I'll exercise patients until your plan is completed so we can be together.

He disengages from the hug and went back to bed, I walked back and lay on the bed. I shut my eyes, this time I felt peace as sleep took over me.

Yvette Robert's POV
I woke up, I stood up lazily, I look around no was in the room, I was alone. I checked the time it was 8 am on the dot, I ran into the bathroom to brush my teeth and take my bath.

I came out a few minutes later and change into a black short dress, I walked out of the room.
I met everyone at the dining room, Good morning Dad, I said and kissed him on the cheek.

Morning sweetie, dad replied.

Good morning mom, I greeted and kissed her on the cheek.

Morning honey, come sit and have your breakfast.

Okay, mom, I said and sat beside Daniel.

Good morning love, I said and winked at him, he smiled blowing a kiss at me.

Mom clears her throat, I smell love in the air.
We all laughed.

Veronica walked in and sat beside me.
What am I missing, why is everyone laughing?

Mom was cracking a joke, I answered.

Okay, she said as she starter eating her breakfast.

As we ate our breakfast in silence, I kept stealing a glimpse at him.
I was done eating, I stood up and went back to the room. I sat on the bed and carried my laptop to go through my emails.

Daniel Martin's POV
I walked into the room, she was busy on her laptop
I lay beside her, I didn't want to disturb her.

She raise her head and saw me, she smiled at me and close her laptop.
You are here, she said as she place it on the table.

Yes, hope I'm not disturbing what you're doing

No, you're not.

I'm glad.

Have you thought of any favor I'll help you fulfill?

Yes, there's one but I don't think you'll like to do it.

Whatever it is, I'll make it possible, a promise is a promise.

I want you to get me a red file from your dad's safe.

A red file?

Yes.

But anything in dad's safe is confidential, why do you need it?.

You promise to fulfill my wish, if it's too much, I won't force you to do it.

No, it's not. If that's what you want I'll fulfill it, I ask no more questions but promise you'll return it to the original place.

I will.
I kiss her on the lips, thank you.

"Blushed" You're welcome.

I stood up from the bed and left the room, mission accomplished.

Yvette Pov
After Daniel left the room, I stood up from the bed and walk out.
I walked straight to Dad's room, he's room door was slightly open. Qi knocked gently on the four to confirm if Dad was in, I stood there for minutes still got no response. I opened the door slowly and piped into the room, no one was in. I tiptoed into the room, at the corner I sighted the safe where Dad keeps all his confidential documents.

I walked tiptoed to the safe to avoid being caught, I got to it and unlock it with my fingerprint. Except for Dad, I and my dead mom have access to the safe. I could vividly remember when to ask me and mom to put our thump on the safe if one day he's no more we can get access to what's inside.

When the safe unlocks, I sight the file Daniel requested, I pick it up and close the safe.

With the file in my hands, I tiptoed out of the room and left the door slightly open as it was before I walked in.