𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

<•><•><•><•>

"I was so devasted when I caught you after the wedding"

<•><•><•><•>

"No, bud, I can't do tomorrow" My eyes followed Draco's voice at the stairs as both father and son came down to the kitchen where I was working. I blinked my eyes at the screen a few times before finally giving up. I need to get a good night's sleep.

And I need to do something about the nightmare.

"Come on, Dad, please!" Scorpius whined as Draco pecked my lips. I sighed as he rubbed my arm, "Can you tell Scorpius that I can't drop him off tomorrow at The Burrow?" Draco asked for my help as I sighed, "No" I said looking at him. He dropped his smile as Scorpius smiled widely. "Yes, thank you!" Scorpius said sitting next to me.

"I have work-" Draco began explaining before I could explain why I said no to him. "What work?" Scorp called him out making me press my lips together so I don't laugh out loud. He rolled his eyes when I let out a small laugh, "You don't under-"

"Rowena! I will take him. Remember? George asked me to be there yesterday at the platform?" He nodded staring into space. "Oh, thank you, Cordelia!" Scorpius quickly pecked my cheek and ran to his room. "He seems to love you already" Draco noted making me nod with a smile. 

Should I tell him about the nightmare?

"Mhm. Where do you have to be tomorrow?" I asked quickly before he would realize I was hiding something. "Mother's checkup" I nodded grabbing my laptop. "I think I'm going to turn in for the night" I said as Draco squinted his eyes, "It's 9 PM" He paused to put a dish in the sink, "I get it we're no longer 18, where we could stay up all night and..." He lowered his voice, in case his mother or Scorpius were within hearing range.

"And take drugs or have sex all night. But come on, we're not that old to turn in at 9 PM" I chuckled, "No, I, erm... I slept late last night, I had some work" I said as he nodded. "I'm going to be in the library if you need me" I smiled walking over to him to peck his lips again.

I stared at the wedding invitation in my hand that I had just picked up from beside Draco's letter. It had been, Rowena knows how many years I heard from him. He didn't turn up yesterday. Should I go? Not that I RSVPed, and also not that the Malfoys didn't have another chair for an unannounced guest in their huge gardens.

Why would he write to meet me and then not turn up?

Maybe he was scared of telling me what I was going to tell him? Maybe he wanted a way out the marriage? Maybe he didn't want to marry Astoria? 

I shook my head, grabbed a white dress- well, I know no one should wear white except the bride, but if I'm going to break a marriage, no better color than that. The wedding was going to began at 11AM, and it was already 11.01AM. Draco might've already made appearance and everyone must be ready for Astoria.