Chapter 4

Alak's POV

      The last howl of pain ended, making the whole surrounding went silent. I could hear whispering of pure concern and worries from the pack members by my side.

     "I-I should go and c-check if the alpha is alright, B-Beta may I?" I look at the man who step out bravely. There was nothing written on his but concern and worries of what Khaled's state may be after the last howl.

     "Khaled, Khaled man, are you alright?" I mindlinked him but there was no response coming from him. "Man?" I tried again and I waited for a few seconds and still got nothing but silent. I look at the man who offered kindness.

     "I highly appreciate your concern, but you must not. Everything ends here, my fellow members. Bring those pups inside, I'll be the one to seek out our alpha," I motioned the adults to go back to the pack house, mastering a smile to convince the pups to go back inside, which was successful. "I can't risk having you killed," I whispered, referring to the man who offered kindness.

      I know Khaled pretty well. All his threats doesn't come empty, well, except for me though since all of his threats to me are all mere joke, but the warning that he'll kill whosoever steps into the forest...it just gives me goosebumps.

      With a sigh, I entered the forest. The tall trees with their leaves are successful in preventing the sun light from entering, so it makes the whole place dark but then of course, with a special ability granted to us by our motherly Moon Goddess, we were able to see through the dark a bit clearer than a mere human can.

      The pain that I am feeling right now is because of Khaled. He's like a brother to me and with that being said, his pain is also my pain. It makes me sick seeing him distancing himself from people or where he's there, sitting alone, lost in thoughts.

      I am quite older than Khaled by a year so I was 19 when...when the accident happened. I, surely will call that as an 'accident' because it was not Khaled's intention to do it, he was taken over, driven by his lust and by his wolf.

      I know Khaled since we were pups. He is good and kind, but had little to no control over his inner wolf up to the point that he'll lashed out at everyone, anywhere at anytime. I was lucky I befriend his beast and some times when he takes over Khaled's consciousness, we'd talk and play around...but everything changed since that day.

      Never it came to my mind that it's possible for Khaled to be mated to his brother because first, it was unheard of and secondly, why would be his brother when there are a lot of our kinds out there? But what shock me is the fact that he forced himself into him.

      It was past midnight, his 18th birthday when we heard screaming. It woke us up and I was sure that it came from the top floor where only the Alpha's family is allowed. I rush there only to see Mama and Papa, holding a crying naked Kyle while Papa's knuckles were covered in blood, and with that they didn't waste anymore time rushing out and into the pack doctor's office...while I was left alone.

      My heart was broken when I got to see my best friend's body. His face was bloody, he's naked and his body reveals the new bruises that were placed on him.

      Deep inside me I know he was unconscious, but there he was, pitifully looking at me while he keep on saying that he's sorry and that he didn't meant to hurt his mate. Later I knew it was his wolf who was talking...and that was the last time I ever spoken to his wolf. Since then, he just completely disappeared, not taking over Khaled's consciousness.

      Not to boast this but if it wasn't because of me, Khaled is probably ruling a pack of rogues or worse, killed. If It wasn't because of me, he'll be not on where he is right now.