1

Chapter One

Vibe: 6AM by Suzy Jones

To think that he was going to be the last thing she saw...

That out of everything, it was his hands that would be the weapons that would finally finish her off.

She would have laughed out loud from the heartbreaking betrayal if his fingers weren't squeezing her throat so mercilessly. Tears fell from her widened blue eyes, creating streaks against the makeup and blood smudged along her skin.

His eyes were like red rubies; his anger and rage so fierce that it blazed into her like a violent force. The hate in them would have been dazzling if it wasn't directed at her.

Was she really going to die like this?

No matter how hard she struggled against his muscular frame pinning her delicate body breathlessly and painfully into the cold ground, it was like he couldn't feel a thing. Almost like he wasn't even aware her nails were desperately digging into his skin—sharp like knives as they slashed into his face and arms. He didn't even flinch. He was so lost in his hatred, nothing in the world but for his fingers closing her airway mattered.

Yet, that red vivacious fluid still leaked out of his cuts like tears—like something inside of him was crying for his loss of humanity.

Her lungs begged for oxygen as the red in his eyes became the only thing she could see in the blur of her tears. Memories slipped past her like a silent plea—the gentleness that once lived between them contrasting with the murderous intent of the present. The hands that were around her throat, once the hands that would catch her and hold her up. The eyes that used to look at her with yearning and perhaps even love, now showing her nothing but the pain and turmoil that had been endured by them for far too long.

How could things change so much? Was it all inevitable? Could there have been a happy ending for her in another life?

God, it hurt. Her lungs burning as she fought with all she had left.

"For everything you've done, Alice," he spoke lowly in a strained voice, strangling the life out of her, second by second, as her arms and will to fight grew weak and cold, "You'll die."

As her body jolted violently underneath him from her enclosing death, she felt his strength waver, allowing her to pull in one last gasp before the end of her pitifully sad life as he retightened his grip. With darkened vision and a numbingly sad smile on her face as her tears silently fell into her bloodied blond hair, she sputtered out the last broken words she'd ever speak with that last sip of oxygen she had left.

"Anybody but you..."

~*~*~

A.N.

That's so sad. "Anybody but you" dammit, I've currently written 15 chapters in two days all without sleep and this is damn fucking sad. I'm currently holding back tears rereading this bs.

'Anybody but you' she said, oh my god, my heart. I can't. I gotta move onto the next chapter before I lose it.

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy her story x