00. prologue

Hyun Joo stands in the middle of the street near her house. She was soaking wet as it was raining heavily. The news about her dad being gone was devastating for her. It goes with the fact that she was a part of the reason that her dad got into an accident.

"Appa, where are you?" Hyun Joo asked her dad on the other side of the line.

"I'm on my way to pick you up" her dad replies.

"Can't you hurry up? It's raining heavily" she said with a frustrated tone. Hyun Joo was waiting for her dad to pick her up from her school trip. She was going to go home by riding the bus but her dad insisted on picking her up. "This is why I should have taken the bus instead."

"I'm almost there. I'll drive as fast as I can. I'll talk to you later." He said hanging up. Her dad decided to speed up the car as he didn't want to see his daughter soaking wet.

The fog from the rain covered up the car's window that he couldn't see properly. His mind only focuses on picking her up so he wasn't really focusing on what was in front of him.

Suddenly, a truck came from the other side of the road. Her dad tried to avoid the truck and ended up driving the car straight to a tree.

Hyun Joo looks for a place to wait for her father. She crouches down to the ground when she found a place where she won't get herself wet. She looks at the rain before reaching her hand out.

Looking back, she shouldn't have rushed her dad to pick her up. Her last conversation with her dad was practically her being mad at him.

"Get your bags and things out of this house," her mom said to her while throwing all of her stuff outside the house.

"Omma, what are you doing?" Hyun Joo runs to her things and picked them up from the ground.

"Omma?" She said with a scoff. "Yah! Who's your mother? You're not mine"

"Ah-nee, Omma. Please forgive me" Hyun Joo said while getting closer to her mother. She reached out for her mother's hand but her mother took a step back from her.

"My husband died because of you. Just because he was trying to get there as soon as possible. You didn't think I knew?" She stopped before going inside and bringing a phone. She waved the phone in front of Hyun Joo's face. "You called him multiple times and texted him to hurry up."

She looked at Hyun Joo once again before slamming the door of the house. Hyun Joo ran towards the door and knocked on it a few times.

"Omma, omma. Jebal, omma. Open the door, omma." Hyun Joo said multiple times while knocking on the door. Her tears fall down her cheeks as she begs her mom to open the door. That's when it starts to rain.

She looks up to the sky, letting the rain fall onto her face. She has no one now and nowhere to go. She screams her lungs out while crying loudly. She falls on her knees, with her face full of tears.

Hyun Joo looks up as she hears a voice. She looks at the figure approaching her. The person was saying something but she couldn't focus on what they were saying.

The person reaches their hand out to help her but before she could hold onto the hand her vision becomes blurry. Then, darkness engulfed her vision before she could figure out what was happening.

 Then, darkness engulfed her vision before she could figure out what was happening