Garmadon's eyes widened. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how I turned on all of you!" Kai exclaimed, exasperated. "You shouldn't be trusting me again when I don't even trust myself. What if I do something horrible again?"

Garmadon placed his hands on the ninja's shoulders, forcing the red ninja to face him. "Stop thinking like that," he told him. "You didn't know what you were doing."

"Exactly!" Kai groaned. "I can't control myself. So if something happens I... I won't be able to stop myself."

Garmadon stared at him intensely. "That won't happen," he stated. "Because I won't let it. I won't let you fall away again, okay?"

Kai felt little reassured, but he managed a smile. "Thanks, Sensei," he breathed.

Garmadon returned the smile and moved his hand upward to ruffle the ninja's hair. "Now get some sleep," he advised.

Scowling in annoyance, Kai drew away from the sensei, shifting his fingers through his hair to fix it. Garmadon only laughed and swept past the ninja, disappearing down the hall. Shaking his head, Kai turned back to the pegs in the wall with a sigh. What would happen if he did lose control of himself again? Like he had so many times? I'll just have to make sure I keep my emotions steady, he thought. I mean, how hard can that be?

* * *

The monastery grew silent as the night dragged on. Everyone was fast asleep... or so it had seemed.

Creak.

Hugh poked his head out of his doorframe, scanning the hall for movement. When all was still, he nodded to his brother and the two slunk into the dark hallway.

"So what exactly are we looking for?" Ronin whispered roughly. "It's not here anymore."

Hugh didn't look back. "These ninja are hiding something," he grunted back. "And it could be our next clue." He halted as he came to a specific door.

Ronin raised an eyebrow as he stopped beside him. "And what's in there?" he questioned.

"That's what we have to find out," Hugh murmured. "They said it was 'just another storage closet'. But that blue ninja's no good at lying."

Ronin shrugged. "Alright," he muttered. Pushing himself in front of his brother, he kicked the door down with a grunt.

Hugh winced. "Well, you get an A+ for stealth," he grumbled sarcastically.

Ronin glared at him. "Stealth's not my thing, alright?" he snapped.

Hugh rolled his eyes. "Whatever." Pausing for a moment to listen if they had been spotted, he nodded and led the way inside.

The room was large—definitely too large for a closet. And as they walked deeper into the room, they recognized certain pieces of furniture. They didn't dare turn on the lights, but they could still make out a bed, desk, night table, and a window on one wall.

Ronin stopped beside the bed and drew his fingers across the blanket, peering closer to see the dark shade of green. "This ain't no closet," he commented dryly.

Hugh was searching the other end of the room. "Then why would they hide it?" he wondered.

Crossing his arms, Ronin slumped onto the edge of the bed. "Maybe they like their privacy," he scowled.

Hugh didn't reply as his eyes fell on something in the corner of the room. Curious, he walked closer and crouched down to pick it up, finding that it was a half-packed satchel. "Hey!" he hissed to Ronin, rising to his feet again. "I think I found something."