CHPT. 50 Scaramouche

"Enough!"

The two beings of shadows froze in an instant as they heardtheir masters voice. They had been ready to fight, their weapons halfway forming in their hands, before both immediately discarded the claymore and spear. A cold, angered atmosphere swallowed them both, turning towards the voice.

Astaroth glares at them both, one of his arms already turning black, readied to subdue both his familiars.  He was frowning, brows knitted together as half-lidded eyes narrowed at them. But he was not alone. Behind him was a short young man with purple hair, his hat in an awful state. His right hand was held Astaroths, as his left held a glowing chess piece. His porcelain skin paler then ever, dark bags under his dark purple eyes, and his entire posture slouched and rigid.

Scaramouche, he would not admit it but he was frightened. The two sceo-users had been ready to lash out at one another, and the man he now knew as the god of chaos was seething. Scaramouche had always been able to hide his emotions, yet he unknowingly showed his fear. The ominous energy coming from Astaroth was suffocating. He could barely stand without Astaroth supporting him, and he questioned how the other two were still stable.

"Kuni―"

Astaroth glared at Durin before he could speak another word, causing the dragon to go silent. Although his magenta eyes lingered on the puppet with a worries expression. On the other hand, Nyx wisely stayed quiet and chose to observe the puppet made by her old friend.

Astaroth promptly sent another scathing look at his two subordinates that were like his children, before attending to Scaramouche. He saw the fearful look in his eyes that the puppet desperately tried to hide. The god pursed his lips, leading Scaramouche to a corner and sitting him on the debris of the ruins.

"You're circulating the power of the Gnosis properly right?" Scaramouche hesitated, nodding slowly. But Astaroth wore a frown at his hesitance. "I take it you don't actually know. Since your a puppet creation, it'll be easier for you. Imagine a current running through your veins... Imagine the power of the Gnosis flowing through the current, and constantly circulating in your body."

Scaramouche scrunched his nose at the riddle-like advice, causing Astaroth to roll his eyes. "That current or river you will imagine has no end, or beginning. It's simply moving around your body without a proper destination." He continued on, patting Scaramouche's head before turning towards the two shadow-beings.

Scaramouche silently took the gods advice, closing his eyes and imagining the 'current' Astaroth had told him of. The image of an endless river appeared in his mind. Scaramouche sighed as he envisioned the current, but he unconsciously tilted his head once the image of the current changed. Rather than clear water, the river had the venomous electro water of Yashiori.

Astaroth glanced at the struggling Scaramouche, shaking his head in amusement before glaring at the two. Neither Nyx nor Durin could look him in the eyes, their postures rigid and stiff as the god stared darkly at them.

"Kunikuzushi will be joining us from today on." Astaroth declared, shocking both.

Nyx was about to protest just as Durin was about to celebrate, but Astaroth raised a hand to silence the two. Silver eyes still contained a deep annoyance, causing the two to keep quiet and lowered their gazes in shame.

"My decision is final. Nyx, Kunikuzushi will be joining us." Nyx purses her lips and clenched her fists as she heard him. Eyes closed shut in frustration, while Durin was quite ecstatic. But the smile on his face fell once Astaroth's stern gaze went to him. "But he will not stay with us forever. Until he is capable of standing up on his two feet without issue, he is to stay with us. I'd rather the Gnosis does not fall into the hands of a fool who cannot even channel it properly."