CHPT. 34 Ill-fated Draco

"ドラゴンの運命"
━━━━━━━━

Ever since I could remember, I always had this simple fascination with dragons. To us, my sister's symbolic animal would have been the snake, ironic that I was the one with the serpent familiar, while I had a dragon.

They were interesting creatures, as interesting as humans. Every dragon I've met, be it rare of common to a world, I always grew to like them. They were precious creatures to me.

Dvalin was a dragon as free as Barbatos, curious as well. A mere elemental being, but I was fascinated nonetheless. A dragon born to soar the skies, pierce the clouds with his wings, storms following in his wake upon his summons. That was what I could describe Dvalin as.

Azhdaha however, he was a peculiar kind of dragon. Azhdaha was reffered to the oldest of geovishap, but he was a dragon as well. Born blind, yet was given the gift of sight by Morax. He was the opposite of Dvalin who soared the skies. Azhdaha did not have wings, but caused the ground rumble. The lands quaked upon Azhdaha's footsteps.

These two dragons of the original Archons were mighty and strong. They were elemental beings, formed into life as they roamed and soared the elements of the Archons they saw as friends.

However.

Legends and Mortal fear obscured the dragon that befriended me. Peculiar of my own words, this dragon was not my friend. Rather, a creation by mortals and I gifted the draconis with power. Such a gift that reminded me so much of my younger self.

Durin.

He was unlike the previous two dragons. Durin could explore both sky and land, yet he chose to sink in the shadows. A sea of darkness, one where he thought he belonged too. Durin was not an elemental being, his origins much more interesting then the two.

He was a gift of alchemy.

Alchemy allowed me to raise Durin into a much more powerful draconis than the other two. A perfectly flawed being. I adored him.

He was my child if I could declare.

I watched him grow, from the small dog-sized dragon he was, to a being much bigger than Azhdaha and Dvalin. I witnessed him explore this world. I taught him about life and death as a cycle of what I once learned when I was younger.

And I watched him die by the hands of my friend. I watched him fall to death, claim my domain as his grave. Was it truly a mistake he fell in this snowy land? Was Barbatos truly ignorant of it all?

I felt threatened. He was my friend, but now... I question if he truly is an ally.

Barbatos... He returned to sleep, but my soul released from my body. In his slumber, I couldn't help...

I couldn't help but have awful thoughts manifesting in my mind. The torture and pain I had to go through watching him fall to death, his corpse now laying on my domain.

The only thing that kept my body from awakening, was them. Without them, I would have awoken completely. I would have reigned my tyranny across Teyvat.

For thousands of years. For the years I have been imprisoned here in Teyvat, I could not be too selfish. But for Durin? He was one of the rare things that reminded me of home. Of what I used to be.

A carefree primordial being that loved the art of alchemy. Someone who could spend their entire life learning and creating things, enjoying every little thing with my sister, my family. I loved it all, yet being here... A world I once explored in joy... I slowly succumb to the erosion of time that I was supposed to be immune to.

𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐁𝐘𝐒𝐒.   genshin impactजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें