CHPT. 35 twist and turns

"不公正な契約"
━━━━━━━

A soft whisper ringing in his ears, comforting him from the sense of betrayal he felt. Resting in another's arms, he let his tears trail down his cheeks.

"Shh... Don't worry. I'm still here, you don't have to rely on the others too much."

Astaroth hummed, caressing Aether's hair. The lad arrived to the edge of Dragonspine, searching for him and him only. The next thing he knew, Aether was sobbing into his chest, while Paimon was whisked away by Nyx to give them privacy.

The cold winds caressed their skin, Astaroth's body was the only warmth Aether had. His arms wrapped around the outlander―Aether was willing to ignore the frigid torture.

Azhdaha has been sealed once more, and Aether had to go through so many trials just to do so. A mere question he has asked the lord of Geo, only to be told that an answer was not his reward.

It felt like betrayal.

Aether was selfish, as he thought of himself. He had saved the nation of Liyue, without him, he could hardly think of how the adepti could find someone that could endure their power at once.

Azhdaha reemerged, he did not hesitate to help them. He did not hesitate to help fight another ancient being, only to be left with nothing but anger and despair.

"This is―this is just unfair!"

He cries out, feeling the Archon's hands rub circles on his back. Clutching onto Astaroth, he couldn't help but whimper into his chest.

"Just...why won't either of them help me?"

Astaroth frowned, disappointed in Zhongli. But what else could he do? Morax had a contract that stopped him from speaking of Khaenri'ah. Venti wanted to desperately forget about the incident, and there was still no method to get to Inazuma.

Astaroth was the only source of truth he could rely on.

And said god gladly became the only one he relied on, aside from both Paimon and Nyx of course.

"I can't tell you much about Morax and Barbatos, but if you need anything else, I will help you. I promise that."

Astaroth vowed, pressing a soft kiss to Aether's forehead, the poor traveler weeping and sobbing. He pitied the boy, doing all he can to comfort him.

The traveler reluctantly nodded, keeping his arms stuck around Astaroth. He didn't care how clingy he was — all he wanted was someone to comfort him, to soothe his worries.

"Stop that now. You look better with a smile on."

Astaroth commented, a smile tugging at his lips, as he wiped away the tears Aether had shed. He couldn't lie about the fact that the sight of Aether crying made him angry, slowly calming himself down for the outlanders sake.

If there were a time that either of the twins arrived to a near death experience, he wouldn't hesitate to eliminate the threat.

Though he cherished Teyvat, his greed and desire clouded this. What he wanted to do was simple...

Have the twins escape from this hell.

Neither deserved this punishment — so all he needed to do now, was create a single opening. An opening that would allow them to be free from Teyvat.

"Calm yourself now— Hm? You can't?"

Astaroth chuckled, not even needing an answer as Aether refused to stop the tears from cascading.