CHPT. 07 Who really was Durin?

" 死は彼を連れて行った "
━━━━━━━━━━━

It was many centuries ago....

Rhinedottir, was a woman who created creatures from the blessing of the one true God she followed. The Sceo Archon, Astaroth.

As one of darkness, she created dark creatures, playing the role of their mother. She sent them out on Teyvat, to display their own beauty with pride within the hearts she created for them.

She was so proud of her creations, but it was all thanks to Astaroth giving her the catalyst of their lives.

She stood infront of a place rumoured to have been the place where Astaroth spent his time. Near the snowy mountains of Mond, where she stood patiently.

"Great shattenmeister, lord of darkness and shadows. I gift you this young dragon, to show my gratitude for bestowing your blessing upon me. May this serpentine dragon, I have named Durin, accompany you and assissts you in your troubles."

Silence enveloped Rhinedottir, but she hoped and hoped. She waited for more minutes, her unyielding determination growing.

Suddenly the shadows around her focused on the spot near the her and the small dragon she held. The shadows fused,

"A dragon? What an interesting creature you have gifted me child."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Ooh~ look at this!" Paimon pointed to a stone tablet on the peak of Vindagnyr. She, along Aether and Sucrose were exploring Dragonspine for more information on it, and because Albedo seemed to be occupied, so no trials for Aether.

"This wasn't here last time." Aether commented, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. He slowly approached the stone tablet, the other two following behind him.

"What does it say?" Paimon asked, tilting herself to the side, her hands behind her back. Sucrose knelt down, brushing a hand on the stone tablet as she tried to decipher the writings on it. She hummed in thought, narrowing her eyes at the ruins.

"Well?"

Sucrose blushed from her trance like concentration, "W-Well, it's a bit hard B-But..." She cleared her throat, beginning to read the record.

"For the serpentine dragon to fall to this land. It's true origin unknown, for gold has obscured it's heritage."

"The evil corrupting the dragon, clouded itself from the memories it had created with our god. Our Lord has fallen to greif!"

"The winged serpent could not be released from the corruption. It's only saviour was death."

"For he who rules over night could not slay his friend. He left the lord of Wind to lay it to rest and shall it be saved from the pain it was given."

"The ill-fated draco, it's destruction breaking Astaroth's heart as it's relation to him stay unrevealed to the rest of the gods. Grief and sorrow swallowed him, a hatred to mortals arised. No longer has a mortal been blessed by his power."

The three stood in silence, a feeling of displeasure bubbling inside them. Feeling discomfort for the stone tablets record, they shivered..