special ⤷ the day of hearts

" 僕の心はあなたのです "

scenario ; the day of hearts comes, and memories flash and fade.

Several years ago

The least favorite time of the year. Astaroth never exactly enjoyed the day of hearts. The thought of 'love' often made him bitter, and rather start celebrating All Hallows Eve.

He sulked in the deep ends of Dragonspine, muttering to himself about his annoyingly lonely self. His actual body was sealed deep within Dragonspine and he prompted to sulking in a place where his body was.

Astaroth took a spiritual form, in which his spirit could walk in the mortal realm, and with enough concentration other could see him.

"Astar?"

He flinched upon hearing the melodious voice of his current traveling companion. Turning his head, Lumine pouted sadly at him. Her usual sections of hair were tied back into a sort of braid, while a hairclip was embedding into her bangs. Beside her was a concerned looking young boy, idly floating beside her.

"Lumi, Dain." Astaroth gasped, slowly standing up from the snow he buried himself in. Brushing of the snow, he smiled assuringly at the pair.

"Are you Alright?" She asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. His smile faltered.

"Nothing, really. I just don't like this holiday." He explained, frowning as he scratched the back of his head. Hearing a soft scoff, he turned to Dainsleif who looked at him with a judging gaze.

"It's cause the old geezers single." He commented, blanket staring at Astaroth who looked ready to kill. It was true that the god of chaos never had a lover, but it didn't mean he lacked the ability to fall in love.

He was just very picky on his chosen partner.

Lumine giggled, tugging at the gods sleeve. Astaroth titled his head, but Lumine merely smiled. She dragged him back down to the city of Mond, where he caught glimpses of flowers floating in the air. As they entered the fair city, his sight was obscured by red, pink, and white. Heart decorations were scattered across the city, to his chagrin.

"Let's go~ there's a show going on by the plaza!" Lumine cheered, dragging the two males to the loud crowd of people. The faint singing voices resonated from their ears, and the stopped in their tracks.

Lumine stood in her tip toes, but still was unable to see through the tall backs of the people. Astaroth tiredly sighed, pulling the girl to him and lifting her up to his shoulders. Lumine let out a settled yelp, blushing furiously as she sat on Astaroth's shoulders.

To him, she was almost weightless as ones heaviness fell unnoticed by him. "Is it really necessary?" Dainsleif asked, sweatdropping at his companions, one was blushing while the other was noncholant.

"Hm... If Lumine wasn't so short, this wouldn't be happening." He passively stated, earning himself a hard hit to the head. The blonde outlander glared at him with a childish pout, but sighed in defeat. Instead, her eyes were trained on the musical play infront of her.

She smiled brightly at the song being sung, the melody being carried throughout the wind. She felt a feeling of Nostalgia, reminiscing a memory of a world she had landed in with her brother. The day of hearts was called Valentine's day there, where people would take the chance to charm and earn the affection of their chosen. It was not so different for Teyvats world, but Monstadt celebrated it with romantic ballads.