CHPT. 17 Child who entered the abyss

"闇に汚染された"
━━━━━━━

Although he spent more time frequently in Liyue due to Morax's constant insistence, Astaroth had to face his guilt and speak of the truth. Monstadt was something he avoided because of this guilt, and thus when the truth came out he received this—

A pouting bard that clung to him like a moth to a flame. While on his shoulder was a snake that kept hissing at the said bard.

"Astaroth~ c'mon back to Mond! I'll even buy you some dandelion wine!" Venti wined as Astaroth sat by the highest mountain in Qingce. His awfully dull and seemingly tainted white hair was back to it's obsidian tint and he had finally grew back some missing inches.

Although he was still subtly shorter than Morax to his disdain. He was at least taller then Venti now.

"You stupid bard! Unhand my master now!!" Nyx hissed, attempting to slap Venti with her tail that sharpened like a blade. Nyx's original form may have been of a great serpent, she still has the ability to transform into a human... That is until some gods had sealed such an ability. Even so, her tail could become as sharp as the most dangerous blade. "You don't even have the money to buy my master wine!"

Venti childishly sticks out his tongue at the serpent, "No way! You're the familiar here so you don't get to boss me around!" Venti argued, clinging tighter to Astaroth's arm. Although he was slightly mistaken with his words. Nyx was still older then him, but he didn't know that.

"H-How— You dare—"

"Enough." Astaroth snapped, his eyes growing cold at the continuous bickering. Both of them flinched, Astaroth quietly apologizing to them. The eldest god of the seven— eight rather, sighed tiredly. "I will come visit Mond sooner or later, although Liyue's lantern rite has already caught my attention." He admitted, scratching the back of his head with his free arm while the other was trapped between Venti's grasp.

"Besides... Windblume is nearing, so quite pouting." Astaroth nonchalantly commented, lifting Venti's chin with his finger. Although he was an amazing actor with his charade as the slightly timid and friendly Noir, Astaroth was truly a lazy and blunt person.

"Now my ballad, please let go of me... I have a matter to attend to..." Astaroth dismissed him, although gently caressed his soft cheek. Venti smiled sadly, slowly letting go of Astaroth.

It wasn't just Morax who received a nickname from the god of chaos. If Morax had the name 'Little Dragon' Barbatos had the ridiculous nickname of 'Balad'.

"Alright— but promise to visit alright! I really, really do miss you... Schatten."

'Schatten' the nickname Astaroth received from the original eight Archons. Now that name could only leisurely enter his ears through the voices of two old friends. He found it rather tragic to long for others' voices. "I am a man of my word, dear ballad." Astaroth sighed, before patting the Bards head ever so gently. A smile etched itself on his face, as Venti slowly stood up and smiled back.

"Keep that promise," Venti said in a rather hopeful voice. Commanding the wind, he took some short steps back and vanished in teal sparkles. A hand outstretched to the remains of Barbatos's teleportation, his eyes watching the teal dust fall into his palm before vanishing.

.
A

s he stepped into Dihua Marsh, Astaroth gradually transformed back to Noir. His abyssal black hair turning into dull white. Nyx slowly slithered up from his shadow, draping herself on his shoulders. "Master... I find it disturbing that the creatures of Sceo have not revealed themselves from hiding." She commented, turning her head to look at her surroundings.