CHPT. 27 Cecilia

"風の花"
━━━━

"Aiya~ What a dull festival."

Nyx stretched her arms up, beginning to feel bored of Monstadts festival. In truth, she wished she was there for the lantern Rite. It was honestly more enjoyable in her case.

"don't say that. The citizens of Monstadt have worked hard for this festival." Noir chuckled, lightly scolding the lass.

Nyx pouted at her master, "Mein Shattenmeister, why have you never agreed for a festival yourself? All of teyvat could have celebrated every year!" She dearly wanted her master to be appreciated by Teyvats denizens, however, he was forgotten instead.

She clicked her tongue as the two went up the stairs to the plaza in front of the Cathedral. Aether had frantically invited them to the ceremony in which the windblume star must offer a windblume to the Anemo Archon. The difference is, said god would personally be witnessing the event.

"Still, because of windblume, you've met that little friend of yours."

.

The night before...

"May I ask where is our dear Reisender?" Kaeya asked the traveler and bard, peaking behind their backs for the man.

Said two individuals instantly glared daggers at the Cavalry captain, not even trying to be subtle. well, Venti did try to mask the absolute fury he felt.

"Our? Since when has the Reisenders been of Mondstadts? If anything, their Sumeru's Reisenders." Rosaria scoffed, however, she couldn't help but frown at the thought. How many other women have Nyx interacted with like how she treated her?

Diluc just looked back and forth from the insufferable cryo alcoholics, a bit confused as to why they, who were very wary of the Reisenders, became so fond of them. It was such a sudden change that some would have thought they were in some sort of spell or drank a potion. However, Diluc's instincts told him that was not the case.

In truth, he had somehow felt... attracted to the Male Reisender. His mere presence calmed him down, giving him a sense of comfort that he hasn't felt in a long time.

But, speak of the devil they had appeared.

"Hello, Rosaria."

The group jolted in fright, suddenly seeing Nyx behind Rosaria with her hand over the nuns head. Her usual blank smile adorning her lips, jokingly patting the woman's head.

"Wh-where did you come from?!" Paimon shrieked in surprise, clinging to Aether's head.

"since when have you been the type to make friends?"

"GAH!"

Noir had his brow raised, though gave them a small smile. This was something they had seldom experienced since the Reisenders were polite enough to announce their presence. But if they didn't, they had to be extra attentive.

Venti hopped down from the stool and ran to Noir for a tight embrace. He smiled childishly as he pressed his face against the man's chest. He could feel the cold stare stabbing the back of his head, getting himself a small glimpse of an annoyed Traveler.

Venti wanted to smirk, but the back of his cape was harshly yanked and he stumbled away from his friend. A small yelp escaped his lips, as he glared at Nyx who smirked arrogantly at him.

"now, now. You don't want Schatten to start smelling like wine, do you? After all, you reek of it."

"Yeah! Noir's sweet scent would be ruined because of you, tone-deaf bard!" Paimon crossed her arms over her chest, glaring at the green-clad bard.