CHPT. 26 Wind, guide us

"風を案内して"
━━━━━━━

"

Brother!"

Huh? What.... what is that?

"Hey! ɹ̴̨̡̡̧̛̛̪̥̘̼̮̻̲͈̦͚͔͍̳͍͒́̀͆͋͛̍̊̊͊͒̉̽̆̃̎̇̎̏̅̄͒̀͆̑́̍͘͝͠ͅǝ̷̨̖̫̼̼͗͐ƃ̴̡̢͈͖̞̩̯̙̥͇͔͍̗̲͎̝͉̱͉̞͈̩̩̭̔̋̚n̵̨̧̨͖̖̝̜͕̲̺͉̲̺͔̱̠̓̈́͋͛͆̀͋̆̋̍͗̇̕͘l̵̢̡̛̞͙̼̲̖̜̘͈̙̭̥͚̗̺͎̰̯̄̋͒̾͆͋̋̔͂̽̋̃̔͆̎̐̊̑̓̀̏͆̋͐͌̑́̈́̒͘͝͝͝͠͠͝ņ̴̛̭̣̥͚͙̫͂̿̎̊́͌̐̈́̃̀̊̑̆͛̃̽́̄̈́͛̈́̅͘̚͝s̶̘͕͛̐͐͒̓̾̄͂̽ wake up already!"

Right. Sister is waking me up... I should soon or she'll be angry with me.

I opened my eyes to be met with dull golden eyes. Her gaze was completely dead, carrying the sense of fear and sorrow. I couldn't help myself. Everything didn't feel right, yet I was completely fine.

But my being felt like I was floating in an endless Void. I... felt nothing.

I don't like this.

"ɹ̴̨̡̡̧̛̛̪̥̘̼̮̻̲͈̦͚͔͍̳͍͒́̀͆͋͛̍̊̊͊͒̉̽̆̃̎̇̎̏̅̄͒̀͆̑́̍͘͝͠ͅǝ̷̨̖̫̼̼͗͐ƃ̴̡̢͈͖̞̩̯̙̥͇͔͍̗̲͎̝͉̱͉̞͈̩̩̭̔̋̚n̵̨̧̨͖̖̝̜͕̲̺͉̲̺͔̱̠̓̈́͋͛͆̀͋̆̋̍͗̇̕͘l̵̢̡̛̞͙̼̲̖̜̘͈̙̭̥͚̗̺͎̰̯̄̋͒̾͆͋̋̔͂̽̋̃̔͆̎̐̊̑̓̀̏͆̋͐͌̑́̈́̒͘͝͝͝͠͠͝ņ̴̛̭̣̥͚͙̫͂̿̎̊́͌̐̈́̃̀̊̑̆͛̃̽́̄̈́͛̈́̅͘̚͝s̶̘͕͛̐͐͒̓̾̄͂̽  Don't look for me."

Her tears fell from her once shining optics, as she held my face. Her expression was filled with pain and agony, that I... began to feel. It was emotionally and mentally painful, even when she did not project her pain onto me. I could just feel it.

I reached for her, wrapping my arms around her to bring even the smallest bit of comfort. It felt like I was holding air, but I tried hard to imagine the warmth she would emit. The soft feeling she gives of.

"Be safe. Don't sacrifice yourself for me, don't die a regretful death. Live your life out peacefully. You don't have to live under the Deities of Celestia."

She cried out, making my heartache. The tone she carried was enough to pierce a hole in my chest.

She hugged me back, crying into my shoulder as I gently caressed her snow-white hair.

Giving her a smile, I did what any usual younger sibling will do.

"Not a chance."

I disobeyed her

"I will find you and bring you back home."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The peaceful moments of WIndblume made the unrest within him rise. Noir could only watch Nyx and Venti bicker.

"Hey Noir!"

Noir turned his head, smiling at the trio who called on him. Paimon was happily zooming in the air, flailing his arms for his attention. The little pixie being zoomed to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. She squealed happily, nuzzling herself to him. Noir chuckled heartily, gently rubbing the back of her head.

Aether ran to catch up to his companion, panting as the little pixie had gotten too excited seeing Noir.

"Paimon! Slow down alright!" he panted, wiping the sweat from his chin. But he froze once he saw how affectionate his companion was to the Reisender.