CHPT. 45 Not so coincidental encounter

"出会い"
━━━━

D

urin stalked through Yashiori island, silently observing the fatui soldiers trying to subtly transfer crates of crystal marrow into a secret base. He narrowed his eyes slightly, sinking into the shadows before he began to eavesdrop on conversations between the agents and soldiers. Although they were quite useless.

He didn't need to know about a mirror maiden cheating on a fatui agent with a treasure hoarder. Although it seemed intruiging, but he didn't really care that much.

What he needed was information about Scaramouche and their operations. It took him some time to finally find Scaramouche―the harbinger had been standing by the skull of Orobaxi. It was quite suspicious, but he could only assume why the puppet was there; the nemesis of the Raiden Shogun, and the protector deity of Watatsumi.

Scaramouche was alone, dazed and unfocused. It was a perfect situation to stage a coincidental encounter. Thus Durin jumped out of the shadows a further away from Scaramouche and smirked. He raised his hand, pointing it at the camp of hilichurls and sent a dark icy spike to the beasts.

And the Hilichurl roared, it's gaze turned angrily to Durin as he took a step back. It truly was perfect for a chance encounter―although it was false.

"Ku-ni-ku-zu-shi~" his name fit wonderfully as it rolled of his tongue. A mouthful yet it was a beautiful yet destructive name.

Durin grinned, glancing at the enraged monsters as summoned his claymore and took another step back. He leaned back of the cliff, the mirage of his deceit glossed through his eyes as he played the unlucky Reisender.

"What kind of story shall we start?"

.

Scaramouche stared intently at the bones, the skull of Orobaxi. A god that was slayed by the Raiden Shogun, his creator―his mother. Or was it his dead aunt. He did not know which was which anymore.

He shook his head, a clear goal in mind. He told himself to nor get distracted, slapping himself as he glared at the sky. The infinite blanket of blue was covered in grey clouds, as if his glare was offending.

'Stop thinking about that.' he shook his head, displeased with himself. 'I'm only here for the Gnosis.'

He sighed, turning on his heel until he heard a loud roar. Snapping his head up, his eyes widened in shock as he saw a man jump of the cliff while arrows and a vivid purple axe slammed on the ground. The ground beneath the man's feet―before he jumped―crumbled at the impact.

It was a good call for the man to jump, but Scaramou he froze. He saw a tall pillar of black and the man landed on it. He immediately recognized the deep scarlet hair, and the claymore being held behind their back.

"RAVEN?!"

Durin or Raven for Scaramouche, turned his head to the harbinger, his once serious and cold gaze tutning brighter as he waved merrily at the puppet. He yelped as an arrow shot at his, barely dodging but it grazed his arm―well not a graze. More like a large bloody gash.

"Damnit." Durin whispered, grabbing his claymore and throwing it against the hilichurls.

Scaranouche watched this, unable to stop himself from rolling his eyes. It seemed like Raven's fighting style was based on throwing his weapon. It would have been easier if he were a polearm user though, but it was a wonder to see someone have the strength to just―rocket their claymore.