CHPT. 39 Raven

"りゅうの名前"
━━━━━━━

"Ehe! Schatten!"

Noir's blood went cold, snapping his head towards the oh so familiar — yet irritating — voice of his dear friend. A strained smile stuck to his face, pushing Durin behind him as Venti ran to them with a bright smile. Everything felt fine for the bard, but most certainly not for the trio of shadows. The god of chaos scowled, glancing at the irritated Nyx who his Durin behind her.

Nyx immediately shielded the draconis from the bards sight, feeling his small trembles. A confused look on his face as he could not properly recognize who the person was, yet dread was instilled in him. As if the harmless bard in front of him as a monster that would rip him limb from limb.

It was unexpected.

The great monster of the abyss; Durin was hiding behind the notorious midnight serpent; Nyx. The monster known to have destroyed a portion of Teyvat, shroud the lands in darkness with his wide and dark wings, yet in truth it was but a mere child crying out for help.

"Venti. It's quite nice to see you."

Hiding his sarcastic tone, Noir gave him a frustrated smile. But Venti continued to grin brightly, hooking his arms with Noir's as he blabbered about how he missed his dear friend.

But his schatten gave him a bored smile, patting his head, but the action did not show any affection. It made Venti confused, pouting before he turned to Nyx, glaring at him as usual, but there was an unknown detest in her eyes. It was only a second later did his aqua colored gaze fell upon the trembling young lad hiding behind the serpent.

An unfamiliar face, yet a familiar presence. It made a shiver go up his spine, as he waved at the stranger hiding behind the one he saw as a rival. The dissapointment he wore as the stranger hid even more, seemingly afraid of him.

Trying to say hello, Venti was halted once Noir placed his arm in front of him. Acting as a barrier between the bard and the two that were quite uncomfortable with said bards presence.

"Forgive me Venti, but that child is quite...timid. He's uncomfortable with almost everyone except us, so refrain from going near him."

Venti flinched at his cold tone, blinking in confusion ― only to see a warm smile upon Noir's expression. Cold sweat trailed of his forehead, nodding hesitantly as he took a step back.

"Well then. Allow me to introduce you to... Raven."

Although quite ironic for a dragon to be called a raven, it was the most suitable. Durin had raven colored wings and scales, so alike to the night that it was perfect for a creature of Sceo.

Venti gave him a smile, waving his hand as the lad known as 'Raven' hid himself behind Nyx. A hand to his mouth, as his breathing grew unstable. His trembling form was unnoticeable to those quite ignorant, but Nyx could feel his body shake in fear.

Removing her gaze from the bard, she wrapped her hand around Durin, whispering assuring words, comforting sentences that was like a melody to his ears. A small nod of his head, and Durin snuggled into her chest, wishing that he could take even the smallest nap.

"He's still not used to strangers... We must go now, Venti. I fear that Raven has used up to much energy for today."

Noir hummed, not sparing the bard a glance as he lead the two to Good hunter, leaving a rather hurt Venti. His hand clenched into a fist, pressed against he chest — frowning as his gaze was stuck to the floor.

The apathetic nature Astaroth had was something he was so used to, yet this demeanor he showed made it seem like he didn't matter. His heart squeezed at the thought of Astaroth forsaking him, and yet his blurry mind came to the memory of the dragon he had slayed do many years ago.