CHPT. 09 Lord of Geo

" 私のことは忘れてください "

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The bustling streets of Liyue were loud and wary. Rumors, rumors of the god of contracts to have perished, swarmed the proud harbor, filling the common folk with terror. The air was covered in grief, the borders of Liyue almost closed off to not let the culprit escape. Yet it came to pass after the lord of the Vortex arisen from his prison beneath the stone spears of Guyun stone forest.

But among these mortals, walked two gods.

One that had sacrificed his power for the sake of his people.

The other, to have only been awakened from a slumber that should have let him die.

Noir's eyes fleeted across the merry faces of Liyue's people, smiling vividly at the sight. Astaroth never had a kingdom to call home, but he had loved the sight of Teyvat people in joy. For he was no ordinary Archon.

Wandering Liyue, avoiding the Fatui at all costs, served to be a trivial matter. But, avoiding his fellow god was trouble.

Everywhere he went, The Archon of Geo was there and he speculated that it was because the man could sense his presence in his land. He was thankful to not have met any of his Adepti, for they would have alerted him in godspeed.

"Kyuk!!" He clasped a hand to his mouth, his pupils shrinking. The scratchiness into his throat and the rising pain to his chest had him suffering.

Noir started to violently cough, rushing to an Alleyway and slumping on the cold stone ground. The glove over his hand was stained red, making silver eyes glare at the crimson substance. He hissed in pain, clutching his stomach as his other hand rested in his chest. His hand glowed white, before sinking into his body and taking out the most valuable thing an Archon could have.

"Master... You must return to Dragonspine.." Nyx pleaded, her voice covered in worry and fear for the weakened God that sat on the floor. He chuckled wryly, staring at the chess piece in his hand.

The King.

It was the king of chess, before reverting to a pawn, and back again. It repeated, and he smiled painfully to himself.

"It's okay... I'm okay." He assured, but coughed again. Returning his Gnosis back, he wobbly stood up with a hand to his head. The phantom pain had yet to cease, and what's worse was the sensation of his powers being sucked out of him. It obscured his senses that he didn't even notice the divine aura that had quickly approached him. He heard Nyx hiss, slowly pulling his head up to meet worried and shocked amber eyes.

"Astaroth?"

It was what he heard last until he collapsed into the man's arms.

The feeling of warmth yet an unwelcoming pressure pushing into him. He felt like going insane, the moment his eyes opened to meet a plain of darkness that he never enjoyed seeing. "This is a dream." He murmured to himself, but it was never assuring. His dream, his visions... He never wanted them to exist.

A shadowy figure formed in front of him, a frown gracing his lips at the familiarity it showed him. It offered him a hand, which he gladly accepted. The shadow leads him forward and he didn't defy its pull. Everywhere he looked reminded him of the insanity he could go through, pure utter darkness.

All Archons were attached to their Elements but desired for the darkness to disappear. In the past, he didn't mind the darkness, there was always a light there for him.