XVI | The One That Got Away • SJ

R E Q U E S T E D
No

M E M B E R
Kim Seokjin | 석진

D E S C R I P T I O N
In which Aera came for Seokjin too late.

W A R N I N G S
Katy Perry song reference
sad girl hours :(

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Dear Seokjin,

Ah who am I kidding?

It's never like me to start a letter that way. Actually it's not like me to write one at all, though here I am doing both at once.

How the mighty have fallen...

Back to the point, I am almost completely sure this letter will never reach you because I'm the coward who could never speak up, so I'll write to you like it will.

The day we met was one engraved in my memory until this day.

You were rushing to class and I away from the college dorms and my nagging best friend.

There were few papers in your hand and you mumbled to yourself as you glanced down at the watch on your wrist every few seconds.

Like the thing was the last object keeping your sanity in tact.

It was rather cute.

That day when we bumped into each other and both stopped to apologize, I swear I couldn't have been the only one who felt it.

The way our skin came alive at the touch, the way our eyes roamed the form of the other in pleasant curiosity.

I couldn't have been the only one to recognize the instant chemistry between you and I.

Though whether I am or not matters no more now, does it?

I received your invitation; you know the one to your wedding in a few months?

It was an over the top, beautifully formatted page telling me all about the day, time and even dress code.

Show up on February 14th, at 14:00 wearing white with subtle hints of peach thrown in the mix.

You were always a stickler for the little details no one else acknowledged, and that's what I've always admired about you.

In any case, it may disappoint you to know that I will not be attending your wedding.

Why? Because I'm afraid that when they ask all who object to make themselves known, I'll be the first and probably only to raise my hand.

I just... I can't watch you up there, smiling so beautifully for the man you love knowing he could have been me had I simply spoken up one time in our past.

It's selfish of me, I know, and you'll probably resent me for a long time for this but I don't think a little anger from you today could come close to the hurt of watching you walk to the alter.

Away from me, and closer to him.

I won't watch you vow your undying love to another when I wish so badly to do the same to you.

This letter was much more lengthy than I wanted, but all in all you should know that I am madly in love with you.

So much so that I can't risk showing myself in front of everyone and letting my bitterness destroy the happy day you've got planned out.

I know I will do something I'll regret terribly if I attend and it is for this reason that I must stop myself from the torture and omit attending.

I hope you enjoy your wedding, my love.

I hope it's everything you've ever wanted.

At least then I'll know one of us got the dream we've always strived for.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

W O R D C O U N T
543 Words

✦  Bruh I was looking through the drafts of this book and I have so many unfinished ones it's sad 🤦🏾

This letter was inspired by a friend... the person didn't get married but they did constantly tell us about their bf like they couldn't tell it was hurtful to the friend that liked them :(

보라해 💜