XII | Mystery Mate • JM

Context: in this AU, you meet your mate through writing. Simply put, you write what you want to say on a piece of paper with the intentions of sending it to them and it sends. If successful, the paper vanishes and will appear wherever they are, no matter if you know them or not. If it doesn't send, it means you don't have a mate at the moment (I.e. your mate isn't of age yet, they're not alive anymore, etc.) I know it's a weird logic but it came to mind out of nowhere lol so here we are

R E Q U E S T E D
No

M E M B E R
Park Jimin | 지민

D E S C R I P T I O N
In which Chaeyeong gets her happily ever after. (Soulmate AU)

W A R N I N G S
None

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Chaeyeong smiled to herself, gaze fixed on the paper in front of her.

She watched letters form words, and those words form sentences that spoke of a day in the life.

Good morning soulmate,

I hope you slept well and feel energized for the day! Today I'm not doing much besides some shopping and light cleaning, though I hate cleaning >.< it's ok though because my friend promised me lots of ice cream if I did a good job!! What are your plans for the day?

Grabbing a pencil, Chaeyeong began to write her own plans, trying her hardest not to coo at how cute her precious soulmate sounded through writing.

She remembered the first time the two found each other. It was on his 18th birthday, the day all mates are fated to meet once the two reach that age.

She was minding her own business, reading through paperwork for the current assignment she had at her job when writing appeared on the blank sheet beside her.

At first, Chae saw nothing wrong. Her mind was so run down from the constant stress, that she didn't even register the fact that a blank paper appeared beside her out of nowhere.

What did catch her attention was the sudden beautifully written words forming on the paper like magic.

One letter became two and two became more, and suddenly there was a whole paragraph for her to read.

Hello soulmate! I hope this letter finds you well. I'm not too sure how this works since it's my first time, but I turned 18 today, and you know what that means? I finally get to talk to you! If you're reading this, please respond as soon as possible. I would love to get to talk to you as well.

- Park Jimin

Chaeyeong didn't know why or how, but suddenly she was filled with an unexplainable feeling of pure affection as she read the writing. It was as if one piece of a large puzzle was put into place.

That was two weeks ago. Now the two write multiple times a day every day to make sure they stay in touch as much as possible.

Chaeyeong was midway through telling him about her own daily plans when a raspy voice spoke from behind her.

"When are you two going to finally meet, Chae? Your smile is so bright it could even have Hobi beat," Namjoon, Chaeyeong's best friend laughed to himself at this prospect.