V | Knight in Shining Basketball Shorts • HS

R E Q U E S T E D
No

M E M B E R
Jung Hoseok | 호석

D E S C R I P T I O N
In which Eun Jae was only going back to get her things when she hears something down the hall.

W A R N I N G S
Mild bullying

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Eun Jae let's go. Mom and dad want us home for family dinner," Yoongi called from the parking lot near their shared car.

"Give me a minute, I left something in my locker."

"Jae," he whined.

"5 minutes you big baby, I know you really wanna go home to sleep."

"No denial coming from this direction," Yoongi shrugs, opening the car door to sit and wait.

Eunjae walked back into the school laughing to herself at her brother. She quickly walked over to her locker where she went to retrieve her basketball clothes bag and homework.

As she was closing her locker and getting ready to leave, she heard two voices coming from around the corner, which would have gone ignored if one of them didn't sound terrified.

Walking closer (because her indignant side just wouldn't have left her alone), Eun Jae listens for more sound, trying to determine if there actually was a threat.

"Leave me alone! I-I never asked f-for this," this person, whoever they are sounded scared but defeated, as if his call for help would never reach another soul and he'd convinced himself of such a fact.

"Aw is the wittle bwaby gonna cwy now? Shut up before I punch the sh*t out of you and give you a real reason for those pathetic tears."

Eun Jae knew that voice. It was Cha Dongho, a boy in her grade who liked to pick on the younger kids, forcing money and submission from them. Eun Jae had always managed to avoid him (not out of fear, but because she genuinely didn't want to deal with that) until now.

"Now, I asked you to make sure to bring triple the lunch money so that my two buddies here and I could have a nice meal. What made you think it was ok to show up with only enough for two, huh?"

"I-I, my mother s-said no cause-" the boy was cut off and a grunt sounded after the momentary silence.

"You always make excuses and I let it go because someone always stops us, but there's no one here today since school is over, and no one can keep me from beating you to a pulp," Dongho lifted his hand ready to punch the boy who was facing away from Eun Jae. The other two were holding the wimpering boy by his arms to ensure he couldn't get away.

Just as his fist was about to touch the boy's face, however, a hand stopped it mid action.

"How fucking cliche can you be?"

There was a moment of silence, where Dongho was in disbelief and Eun Jae waited for an answer.

"Wh-What are you doing? Let me go-" Dongho stopped short when he saw just who was holding his fist causing Eun Jae to smirk.

"What was that? You stopped so suddenly," The boy didn't answer, suddenly quiet, "what kind of person do you have to be to prey on someone who can't defend themselves for something as small as lunch money."

"I-I..." Dongho was at a loss for words. You see, Eun Jae had a reputation as someone you didn't want to mess with. She was never particularly aggressive towards anyone and in fact always bubbly and nice to all those she encountered, but on the rare occasions where someone made her angry, well, let's just say they never end well for the other person.