XIII | Cupid's Cafe • NJ

You guys can think of this as a somewhat pre-version of the last Namjoon one-shot from Hae Jung's point of view 😃

R E Q U E S T E D
No

M E M B E R
Kim Namjoon | 남준

D E S C R I P T I O N
In which Hae Jung was struck by Namjoon's beauty

W A R N I N G S
None

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

He was a beautiful man, that much Hae Jung was aware of.

But — to her utmost misfortune – he was also hopelessly secluded from the world.

Kim Namjoon was a well known kid in her university for being super smart and super unavailable. There were theories as to why; like the fact that he was already dating someone, or that he secretly worked for the government, or even that he was in the witness protection program - anything sans the fact that he could just be genuinely disinterested.

The first time Hae Jung met him was only a couple months ago in this exact place, Cupid's Cafe.

She was ordering her usual of an iced americano and told the wait time would be no more than two minutes.

While waiting, she decided to look around and people watch, just taking in the usual faces she saw when she came in once a week. That was when she saw him, sitting in the reading/working area and reading a book.

She observed his mannerisms, the way he was so focused on his book that she was sure she could have looked at him for hours and the boy wouldn't be aware in the slightest, how every once in a while he would take a sip of whatever it was in his cup without losing even a piece of focus on the book.

His russet brown hair was held back by little clips and his eyes, the beautiful brown, were moving in a focused line as he scanned the page.

"Kim Namjoon," his friend called him jokingly. She noticed his smile could light up the darkest of rooms and it was there that Hae Jung found just how badly she wanted to know this person.

Ever since that day, Hae Jung made it a habit to find reasons to go to the cafe every day she knew he would be there. Of course, this new investment of her time and money didn't go unnoticed by her close friends, and they began to ask questions, but the girl would simply change the subject as fast as she could.

Now, it was two months in and Hae Jung had decided that it was today she would strike up a conversation with him. She had it all planned out, she would go up to him and say 'hey, I just wanted to let you know, I think you're very attractive,' and walk away like the boss she was.

That was the plan anyway, but the girl was a complete chicken in every since of the word.

So, she walked over, completely sure she would be able to let the boy know how she felt.

But then he looked up and they met eyes. Hae Jung wasn't sure for how long their staring lasted — whether it was 2 or 200 seconds — but it felt like an eternity for her.

She froze in her spot, unsure of how she should continue; does she retreat and retry later, or keep going and finally clear the mystery that was Kim Namjoon?

What he did next completely sealed the deal. He smiled, and it was so pure, so beautiful, Hae Jung knew there was no way she could talk to him.

She would never be able to get the words out when someone so beautiful was so close. Knowing this, Hae Jung made her decision.

Ultimately she chose the second option, turning around and walking out of the cafe with her tail between her legs.

Some boss she was.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

W O R D   C O U N T
587 Words

Short, I know but this is so hardddd 😭

Random life update that no one asked for part 2: Soooo I met a person, they were cool, we hit it off instantly and were super close from the start, it won't go anywhere because THEY HAVE A PARTNER, why are all the ones I'm interested in taken, is that a sign?!?! Someone help :') #lovesucks #whycantimeettheone💔

...

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk, bye-

보라해 💜