Chapter 10

Chapter 10

BLANDINE slowly stood up and froze.

"What?"

She asked in confusion when he started to walk out of the room, "My lord, where are you going?"

He smirked and glared at her, "What? I can't come with you? I am the one in control here. I'll be watching every move you make, Lady Blandine. So be careful, I'm not someone you could joke with. I'm giving you a favor, you must behave."

With a trembling voice, she replied, "Y-yes, my emperor."

"Tsk."

The emperor made his way to another pavilion and Blandine followed him quietly. He ordered his men to set Amias free and asked them to bring the tortured man in that pavilion. They waited until he arrived.

Blandine couldn't help but to cry the moment she saw her brother limping against the soldiers. Blandine's heart clenched. She's not used to seeing him like this, he was an undefeated guy in the Orelia house. So watching him limp due to exhaustion breaks her heart.

No one could defeat Amias. So it really hurts watching him fall down defenseless. She continued crying silently. She wanted to run into him and hug him, but she must wait for the emperor's enunciation. She badly wants to mend Amias now, but she has no power to do so.

She wants to feed him thoroughly, heal his scars, give him rest and pamper him until he's fine. He did all of those to her when she was hiding in the woodland. And it breaks her heart knowing she couldn't do any of those in return.

Because she's powerless, and she's under the roof of a cruel emperor so she must not act the way she wants unless she was permitted by his grace.

After serval minutes, the emperor finally gave her his permission.

"Go now." But before she could step out of the pavilion, he warned her; "Remember, I'm watching you."

Blandine bowed to the emperor before running recklessly to her brother. She began to wail louder while calling his name. And he must've recognized her voice because he immediately stood up despite being weak.

"Blandine? Dine!" Amias called and thrashed against the soldiers who eventually let him go, though limping, he managed to go on, "BLANDINE!"

Bladine immediately pulled him into a tight hug, "Ami! Amias!"

She began to cry loudly, she don't want to cause commotions but she couldn't keep herself quiet. She's sure her cries reached the emperor, but she don't give a shit as of the moment. She's so happy that Amias is safe.

She's so happy she set him free before his execution. She's so glad she triumphed in saving him this time. Because she failed three times already, and holding Amias in her arms alive is enough for her to rejoice.

Amias showered her soft kisses, "How have you been, my little sister? Are you doing well? Are you hurt? What did he do to you? What is he doing to you? Is he--"

Blandine pulled away and fondled her brother's face, "Amias, listen..."

Amias pulled another hug once again, "Blandine, come with me, escape--"

Blandine immediately pulled away and cupped his cheeks, "No... No, listen..." She sobbed, "I can't escape now, I can't, I really can't, and I don't want to escape anymore. You have to understand me now."

"Blandine..."

She fondled his face lightly, as if cherishing the very moment they have because she's sure it would be their last, she sniffed hardly and smiled upon seeing her brother's face.

"You should go. I'm fine, as long as I don't do anything wrong he won't hurt me. So go now, please be careful and don't come here again. Tell mother and father I'm doing fine."

Amias shook his head and gave her a pleading look, "No, no, listen--"

But Blandine immediately cut him off, "No, Amias, listen. I won't be able to escape him and I will not run away anymore. I'll face my fate, don't worry about me."

"Blandine,"

Sure, she wants to go with him. She wants to run away with her brother, but she knew it'll just cause them both a painful death. The emperor will not tolerate such behavior and decision again, so it must not happen. She badly wants to escape with him, but she must not.

"Amias, please. Don't make this hard for me. We don't have much time. You should go now."

For the first time, she saw how her brother broke down in front of her. Amias is now crying, and it's breaking her more; "I love you, I love you, Blandine. My little sister, how come you end up here? If I--"

Blandine shook her head, "No, nothing's your fault. Stop blaming yourself. Please, really, I'm begging you, you should go now."

Blandine knows Amias understands her. They're siblings, and he knows her better than anyone else. And Amias do understand her very well. She would not make such decision if she's not sure.

If she wanted to run away, she would ask him herself just like what she did when she ran away and lived at the woodland. Her decision now is final, setting him free and making him leave is her decision, and he cannot do anything about it.

Amias sighed in defeat, "Okay, I love you..."

Blandine smiled, she's very thankful that Amias is a very understanding man. She's so lucky she have him, she have a brother like him, she would have suffered worse if not for him. So she's thankful for his existence, and she would do anything to save him all over again.

She smiled and fondled his cheeks, "I love you too, big brother. Good bye."

They pulled into another tight hug before Amias was pulled away. He did not thrash around anymore, he willingly stepped inside the carriage that would take him to Orelia. He's lucky enough to receive his grace, Amias knew the emperor would not bother giving him a ride if not for Blandine. So he's thankful enough.

"Send me a letter if you change your mind, if you need help, I'll do everything I can."

Blandine just smiled and watched him settle inside the carriage.

"And more thing..." Blandine called, "Promise you'll never come back here. Whatever happens, don't ever step into this palace again. Stay at Orelia, or live somehow, just don't ever come looking for me. Live a happy life and don't get involved with me again. Please, live normally for me."

"Dine,"

Blandine just smiled, "I know you understood me, Amias. I love you, you're the best brother in the world!"

And by that, the carriage began to move and the space between them started to become distant.

Slowly,

little by little,

he finally vanished from her sight.

Amias is finally free, and that's more than a success for her.