Chapter 09

Chapter 09

HOW IS THIS happening?

Why is he listening to her request?

Is he doing this on purpose so that he would have a reason to do his ways to her again?

But it doesn't look like that at all. She's asking him a request and he's listening. What's happening?

Supposedly, he would be shattering everyone in this place into pieces. That's what he did back then when she requested to free Amias, he slaughtered everyone present on that pavilion just because she requested something.

But right now, he's just sitting on his throne... He's doing nothing. Have they perhaps reconciled without her knowledge?

That would be impossible tho. Well, maybe, he had a very little change of heart after he took care of her since her punishment. Perhaps. And she's behaving very well, that took her to advantage.

It's been two weeks since that incident happened. She behaved for the entire weeks and he has not yet come to pay a visit eversince. Perhaps he's busy with his responsibilities... or busy with his other women.

Nevertheless, she's not the one to put a ruckus because she's just a concubine. A runaway concubine they say. And she heard how busy the emperor is because his older brother, the emperor of the other empire will arrive soon.

She never thought of running away anymore. She's doing fine at all. But she reminisced something, someone to be exact who needs her help; Amias is still held captive.

She needs to save him, he will die if she don't act before the end of the month. Amias died due to starvation and further punishments in her past lives. She needs to save him, and by that means she need to ask the emperor.

What the heck.

Emperor Magnus is just staring at her. And Blandine couldn't help but get flustered with the way he stares at her. The way he sits marvelously in his throne is making her blood run to her cheeks.

He looks so good, so glorious. The way he boringly lay back with legs crossed makes him look like a badass ruler. His robe makes him look expensive, so luxurious that no one, not even the entire world could buy his entity.

For the first time in a long time, she get the chance to stare at him in his glorious robe. No blood dripping, just him, clearly clean and gorgeous. How could an evil creature be this beautiful?

The Emperor cleared his throat and she snapped out her thoughts, with bored tone he spoke; "So, you knew I've been holding your brother as a captive? And you want me to free in him? In exchange, you won't ever step out of my palace?"

Though trembling, Blandine managed to compose herself, "Yes, my Lord."

The Emperor sighed, "Do you promise--"

"Yes, my emperor, please free him..." She immediately replied not realizing what she did would definitely cause her disadvantage. She cut him off, and the egoistic devil he is doesn't like getting cut off.

"How dare you cut me off!" Emperor Magnus snapped in a moment but immediately went back to being cool after so, "Anyway, free sir Amias. Send him back to Orelia immediately." He commanded his men.

It's amusing how he turned into a soft person suddenly.

Blandine's eyes widened. He really listened. Tears formed from her eyes, her emerald orbs glistened in Felicity. Finally, she succeeded in setting Amias free. That is more than enough.

She failed three lifetimes, so she couldn't believe she just became triumphant now. Realizing how the emperor had his mind changed, she knew this lifetime could be different from her past seasons. Only if she behaves well, so she needs to be careful in every way.

But there's something bothering her. She can't leave things like this. She have not seen her brother eversince they were held as his captive. She might not get another opportunity, she needs to see her brother off.

Atleast bid Amias a farewell before parting ways. This could be their last, she needs to atleast see his brother. But how? Would the emperor allow her? He might... she just need to try.

Oh gosh.

"My Lord..." Her voice almost broke.

The emperor shot her deadly glare and she almost crawled on the ground due to fear when he growled, "Now what?"

It's now or never.

She bent down, bowed, and humbled herself, "I... Please, spare me for having another request. But please let me see my brother off, I would like to see him before he leaves... Please..."

She almost cried in nervousness, her fast heartbeat is seriously exaggerated, "My Emperor, please. It's been a long time since I last saw him, I would like to have a word with him before he leaves. I know we won't be seeing each other again, so please. I promise to behave myself. I will never escape, I promise with all my life..."

Please, just this once.

The emperor heaved a loud sigh.

What? Did he change his mind now? No, that can't be. That must not happen. What must she do now? Must she take her another request back? But she needs to see her brother off.

Oh gosh, this is harder than what she expected it to be. What if he change his mind instead? What if he kill Amias instead... just like what he did back then? What if he...

"And in exchange?"

His majesty's voice echoed in the throne room and she almost fainted in nervousness. No, it actually did not, his voice was low. It just reverberated in her head repeatedly.

Blandine lifted her head and stared at him with tears in her eyes, "M-my Lord..."

She trembled when he stood from his seat and began to walk towards her. He smirked when he saw how her expression screamed horror. But he managed to keep himself cool.

"It's not quite fair, my Lady. You're the only one being favored. For having the courage to have two requests, am I pampering you too much?" He stopped in front of her, he used his foot to lift her chin, "In return, what would you do? Or what would you give me, Lady Blandine?"

Blandine gulped loudly, her throat made a wave and he almost chuckled in fascination. Her voice faltered, "I... my Lord, I will never escape again. I will never defy you, not again!"

He crouched down to level with her, then he used his finger to lift her chin instead, "That's in return for setting your brother free. How about the other one, in exchange of seeing him off?"

Her tears formed watering her lashes unconsciously, her fear arose, "My... My Lord..."

He immediately stepped back, "All right. I won't pressure you, I will give you enough time to think. But need I remind you, I'm not a patient man. So think about it carefully, and tell me sooner."

She catched her breathe, she almost lost it when they were lacking space. She held her breathe so much, "Yes, my lord..."

He then began to walk away, "Let's go."