T H E - E P I L O G U E

I'm half asleep as I feel the pressure

I'm half asleep as I feel the pressure. Am I dreaming? Again I feel the squeeze of my hand. Don't. Imagine.

"Mi Amor", I hear him whispering

No. This isn't true.

I feel Carlos hand tighten around mine. Quickly I open my eyes and look at him. A gasp escaped me as I see his eyes. They're open and so beautiful.

"Mi Amor", he smiles

"C-Carlos?", I sob

"Yes, baby"

"You're awake!", I scream and run out of the room

I yell for the doctor and we walk back to the room. My heart is beating like crazy and I'm fucking nervous. Is he okay? Is his head all right?

"Mr Triunfador, you're awake. I'm glad. I'll check your wounds and your condition"

She checks him, then smiles and I breathe relieved. He's okay. That's the only thing that matters.

"Everything will heal and you're physically stable", she says, quickly leaves and I just stare at Carlos.

"Mi Amor, come here. Come here and hug me", he begs

I crawl into his bed and start to cry immediately. He's awake. He's really awake. I look into his eyes. God, I love his eyes.

"I- I thought you would die", I sob

"I would never leave you, baby. Never"

"You were asleep for almost four days! I- I- you"

"Hey baby, it's okay. I'm here now. I'm sorry that I didn't woke up earlier"

I can't stop crying. The relief is overwhelming. Carlos wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer.

"I'm sorry I did this to you, baby. Did you waited the whole time for me?"

"Of course. I- I didn't wanted you to wake up alone. Like I did"

Silence fills the room for a few seconds. He pulls me even closer to his chest and whispers, "I'm so incredible sorry, Mi Amor. I love you so much for waiting for me. Don't cry anymore, please stop crying. It's over now"

"I don't know what I would've done if you were never going to wake up", I still sob

"Don't think about that anymore. I'm here. I'm right here", he murmurs, kissing my forehead

I nod and snuggle into his warm chest. It's warmer than before and his heart is beating faster than before. The deep anxiety slowly sways away.

In the morning I'm still in Carlos arms. Out of nowhere Jandro is standing in front of the bed.

"I'm so glad you're okay, brother", Jandro breathes

"Thank you. I'm glad too but I really want to know who that bastard was"