T H I R T Y - S I X

"Carlos, we really have to go back", Alejandro sighs

"No"

"Carlos! You can't avoid it"

"I can. I'll never go back. It's too late"

"Carlos, you'll make is worse"

"It can't be any worsen!", I yell

"We can't live like this anymore! One half of El Triunfador is here and the other half is in Chicago. This can't end good"

"I don't care"

"You don't care about El Triunfador?"

I exhale annoyed, "Of course I do"

"We have to go to the meeting in Chicago"

"You can go. Everyone knows you're my right hand"

"He asked about you, Carlos. One day. Just one day"

"I can't", I growl

"God, you're so-", Jandro shakes his head

"What? What am I?"

"You're so fucking stubborn. I know you want to see him again but you're stopping yourself. Why?"

"You ask why? Because I fucking hurt him more than anything else in his life. I left him alone. He had just me"

"You wanted to protect him and it worked! He was safe all those months"

"He hates me. I can't stand this I-"

"Carlos", he breathes

I look up at him.

"I tell you this as your best friend. You're hurting the two of you even more. You have to take the responsibility for leaving. I don't say it's your fault, you wanted to protect him. And even if he has someone else or even if he hates you, clear this up. You're breaking apart, Carlos"

I know he's right.

"If I decide to go back and if I see him I swear to god I'll never leave again and I'll never let him go again. I'll destroy everything that's in my way until he loves me again"

"Then let's go back. I also have something to do"

"Elena?", I ask

He nods.

I breathe and decided. Even if he hates me I'll never give up on him. I left once and it was the biggest mistake I've ever made. But I know he'll not forgive me that easily. I'll have to work hard to gain his forgiveness.

"Tell the others that we're moving back to Chicago"

"Okay", he leaves

My hands are shaking and sweating. Fuck, I'm so nervous and scared. I'm so scared to see him again but I want to see him. I want to see his face, his pure eyes. God, I want to see his smile.