F O U R

Carlos is sitting next to me at the couch and we're waiting for our food

Carlos is sitting next to me at the couch and we're waiting for our food. He really ate my whole pizza! But I don't care because he pays for everything and I ordered a lot. He's already paying so why not?

"God. I'm so glad I have today off", I breathe a sigh of relief

"You work a lot"

"Have to"

"What do you mean?", he asks

"It's a secret"

Questioningly he looks at me. Then he grins.

As the doorbell rings, Carlos gets up, pays and brings me the pizzas.

"These assholes never cut the pizza!", I say annoyed

Are they stupid? For what do I pay this much?

"Can you get me a pair of scissors?", I ask him because he is still standing

"Scissors?", he looks confused

"I always cut pizzas with scissors"

"You're really weird", he laughs

"What the fuck you mean I'm weird?"

He just grins and rummages around in the drawers and brings me a pair of scissors. I cut the pizzas and give him back the dirty scissors, which he puts in the dishwasher.

"Is this your family?", he asks suddenly, holding a photo inside his hand

"Juan?"

"What?", I ask him loudly

"I asked you a question"

"It's not your fucking business who my family was or what happened back then!", I snap at him. I hate the topic Family. I can't talk about it.

"What do you mean? What happened to you?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Get out!", I yell at him

"Why? You can tell me anything. I'm here for you", he says softly and comes towards me

"Stay right there! I don't even know you so why should I tell you something?"

Deeply he looks into my eyes. They're so dark.

"You don't know what you're asking for"

"Then show me!"

"Fine", he breathes and sits down next to me

He takes one deep breathe and exhales.

"I've never told anyone this before. When I was a kid, my family was poor. My father left us then, leaving my mother and me alone. He took all the money with him and my mother had two to three jobs to do every day. She died of exhaustion three years later and I was still an teenager. I took revenge on him. I killed him and then took all his money he build with my mothers death. I bought my mother the most beautiful grave back then and still took care of it years later. I built everything myself and moved here from Spain"