Chapter 5

Adriano and I sat in the diner across from each other

Adriano and I sat in the diner across from each other. The entire journey here he was being nothing but a gentlemen. Even though it wasn't a date, it was kind of nice being with a man who was respectful.

"Have you ever been here before?" I asked.

"I haven't, but the food looks good."

"I agree," I already figured out what I wanted so I put the menu down and focused my attention on Adriano. "So what's your deal?"

"My deal?" He repeated.

"Yea, not once did your eyes leave me while I was at work yesterday and now you insist on being here with me because you claim you want to make up for my sour experience at your club. So Mr. Adriano, what's your mission here? Are you always this intrigued with the new people of this town?"

"Just you, Arya. There aren't any missions. I just saw a beautiful woman who I liked and wanted the chance to know her better. You're very captivating."

Play these angles right Zee.

"It was really nice what you did for those kids yesterday."

"I'm always looking to help where I can and I wasn't the only Good Samaritan, you helped them too."

"Yea, I know what it's like so I felt inclined to."

"If I'm not overstepping, may I ask what you mean?" He looked really sincere.

Too bad what I'm about to say is a partial lie.

"Growing up, there were many things I wanted but couldn't have because that's just what life was as an orphan. I saw the disappointment in Jace's eye when I told him the price of his order, I just wanted to make his day a little better."

"That's very noble of you, not many would've done what you did."

"Hi, are you guys ready to order?" Our waiter came over. He was staring at me weirdly.

"Yes, I'll have the bacon cheeseburger with the seasoned fries please." I told him and handed over the menu.

"I'll have the same as her, thank you."

"And drinks?"

"I'll have the strawberry Fanta,"

"Coke for me,"

Once the waiter left Adriano started chuckling.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing just observing."

"Observing what?" I asked again.

"Our waiter likes you." He states.

"What makes you say that?"

"He was busy watching you while taking the orders." He half smiled.

"He doesn't even look a day over 17,"