Chapter 20

It was a absolute pleasure meeting and spending time with Adriano's mother

It was a absolute pleasure meeting and spending time with Adriano's mother. It was unexpected but pleasant. She's been here for about 2 weeks and today is her final day, she left this morning.

I was getting ready to head back to work. Ever since the incident happened, I haven't been back. Karla insisted I take some time off but I was starting to miss the shop and my colleagues.

I know this job is a disguise but I'm starting to build a real relationship with these people. I can almost call them my family.

"Are you sure amor." Adriano hands rested on my shoulders. He looked concern as he scanned my face. Most likely searching for any emotion that would suggest I'm not okay.

"Yea, I'm sure." I reassured him.

"Okay," He leaned down and kissed my lips. He then turned around and kneeled waiting for me to get on his back. "Let's go."

I was giggling like a fucking idiot. I loved these moments with him. Everything almost felt normal.

He walked us out to his car, he opened the door and put me inside. It was at this time that I started contemplating if I should go to work. I really just wanted to stay and be in his presence.

The drive to shop was calm. Adriano drew circles in my leg as he drove.

I was excited to see everyone, it's been a while.

Once we got to the shop Adriano walked me inside, his hand on my lower back. I could see a few of Adriano's men in the distance. They're here because he doesn't want the same incident to happen.

"Hi Darling, you look so radiant." Karla greeted me.

"How is it possible you look so freaking good all the time?" Camilla commented. "She's so hot without even trying." She said to Lucas.

"I'm literally wearing jeans and a t-shirt." I replied.

"Exactly!" Camilla smiled. She came over to me and pulled me in a warm hug. "We missed you here."

"I missed you guys too. I'm glad to be back."

In the corner of my eye I saw Karla and Adriano move to a corner. They looked to be having a serious conversation.

Camilla and I fell into light conversation as we packed out everything. Lucas was in the back prepping the pastries.

"So, I'm sure with everything that you know now, you have questions."

"That obvious?" I answered.

"Hit me."

"Well by everyone's reaction to the night I got attacked I'm sure you all know Adriano's business."

"We do."

It didn't surprise me that everyone in the shop knew the truth about who Adriano is. Especially with how close they are.