Chapter 37

"What about this?" I held up the blue lacy lingerie

"I mean yea, but we can find better." Chase responded.

"Yea, he's the expert." Samai held her hands up. "He had to get me right all the time."

"Yea, because you was wearing dem weak ass granny ass clothes to work all the time."

"I was broke." Samai deadpanned.

"Girl I be checking your closet when we getting ready and there are still some questionable things in there." Chase responded.

"Alright, let's just help Zeanna." She changed the subject. I laughed at their bickering.

"You can try to change the subject all you want girlie. Imma burn them ugly ass plaid frocks you've been saving. Anyways, what about these?" He showed me three different types of lingerie.

"Wait these are cuteee." I took them and looked closer. "Alright let's cash out."

"Can't believe you're getting married oh my god."

"I can. Adriano adores her. As he should."

"No seriously have you ever been in the room when they're separated? He be watching her like she's his prey."

"Lorenzo does the same thing with you." I told Samai.

"I see why they best friends." Chase replied.

Adriano proposed a few days after that drunken night. I was so embarrassed about all that happened that night and he just thought everything was hilarious. He claimed that night had solidified everything for him, he said he wanted everything with me. He rented out my favorite restaurant and I honestly didn't see it coming. I was surprised when I saw him on one knee. I said yes and everything has been bliss since then.

"Got everything?" Samai asked.

"Yes ma'am."

After we checked out we made our way to Walmart. Samai needed to grab some things and I just went along to accompany them.

"Girl grab me those cherries."

I handed the cherries over to Chase and picked up two bags for myself.

"We should all go on a trip out of the country." Samai said.

"Where'd that come from?" I asked.

"I haven't been on vacation in a while and I always have a great time when we all hang out. So, why not take a vacay?"

"I'm down to get flewed out." Chase responded.

"Are you down? I gotta tell Yas and Kaia." She asked me.

"I'm definitely down. I gotta fly to Jamaica to check on my rentals and sort out some paper work for my other projects but that'll only be for 3 days or so."