Chapter 32

These past three months Adriano has been so good to me

These past three months Adriano has been so good to me. He helped me with my properties, and helped to speed up the process of the two that were being built.

We went out often. He loves this place. He became familiar with a few of the locals and you'd think he knew them forever. Adriano was at Blue's seafood shop every single day. He would go out with them to catch fish, and other sea life.

His stay was coming to an end though, he had his business that he needed to tend to, and other things to take care of. I told him I'd come with for a little while but I just needed to hire someone trust worthy to take care of my rentals until I return.

Blue warned me, he told me that I need to be careful with who I hired because some of the locals just aren't trustworthy. He instructed me to find someone through an agency. Which I have been doing but found nobody yet.

I was by the sink when Adriano came in through the door holding two big bags with seafood.

"I caught these." He smiled proudly.

"Look at you," I dried my hands and walked over to him. "You gon' eat seafood the rest of your stay here?" I looked at him amused.

"Yup." He says and drops the bags on the dining table. "Let's grub."

Even though we've been eating seafood almost every night, I had no complaints. I could never get tired of seafood.

"How has your day been." He walked around the table to sit next to me. He pulled me and kissed the side of my head before going to wash his hands.

"My day was okay I-" Just then I got a text indicating the agency found a possible candidate. "The agency just reached out."

"Found someone?"

"Not sure yet, gonna have to look into it some more."

"I'll push the flight back until you've found someone."

"Thank you, come let's eat."

We dug in and made conversation.

"When I get back I'll be visiting my best friend and his family for a couple days. Would you like to come? they're all dying to meet you."

"I'd love to meet them." I answered. "Is it Dario's brother?"

"Yes, it is."

"If he's anything like Dario, I'm sure we'll get along great."

"They're not exactly similar." He chuckles.

"I'm looking forward to it nonetheless."

I focused in on my food as I tried to break open the crab claw. Once I got out the meat, I dipped it in the sauce and ate it. I looked up when I felt Adriano staring at me.

"What?" I said chewing my crab meat.

"You're so beautiful." He smiled. "And you're mine."

I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked down.