Onstage Jealousy

Word count: 1525

Aaron Z's POV

He was flirting with his fans all night. It was shameless, really, how he winked at them, not caring whether they were boys or girls. He'd roll his hips and dance a little harder during the choruses. He'd lift his shirt to wipe the sweat off of his face even when everyone knew that it was just to show off his abs. He'd lift his cap and ruffle his soft hair and strut across the stage like he owned everything.

But T was just a superstar. That was just what boyband members did. It was all just part of the gig, Z knew, but that didn't stop him from hating it. He didn't want their fans having the pleasure of seeing him under his shirt. He didn't want T to flash his award-winning grin to the fans.

He wanted all of that to himself.

"I'll be you boy, boy, boyfriend," The band sang as they fell into step with each other. They were beginning to perform one of their unreleased singles. If the fans responded well to the song, they'd release it later with a music video.

The melody of the song was different from what they would usually sing. It was slower than most of their songs with an R&B vibe. It gave the perfect opportunity for Jesse to seduce his fans while he sang and danced, and thanks to Z, the dance routine perfectly suited the song.

Fans cheered and cried as Jesse sang his solo and then fell back into the line of 4* town members where they spun in a circle and broke apart again. That was when Aaron T slid forward and began to sing his verse.

"I'll give you my lo lo lo love," he sang, pushing back his hair and making a heart with his hands. "I'll give you my love." Aaron Z stepped forward to join the other Aaron. His verse was coming up.

"I'll be your boyfriend," Aaron T sang. He flashes the crowd one of his award-winning smiles that Z loved so much to see. It was a conflicting feeling, to be so proud of his friend for finding his confidence on stage, but also experience so much jealousy at the same time.

Aaron Z sang his verse alongside T. He loved the way their voices harmonized: T's was a little higher but they both sang the lower vocals in the band. T's hand caught Z's as they finished the verse, and for a few moments, he broke the dance routine.

It was nothing abnormal because it was common for T and Tae to goof off onstage. He pulled Z close by both hands as the rest of the band sang and danced. Aaron twirled Z as a prince would do with a princess, giggling a little about the way Z fumbled his hands.

His voice shook as he sang the chorus with the rest of 4*town and he tried to ignore the way T's thin fingers slid under his shirt for a split second.

And then he was gone. Z fell back into line with the rest of his bandmates and they continued the routine as if nothing had happened at all and the fans weren't screaming their heads off. He wondered how the fans were able to be so loud for the entire concert- it must have been one of their talents.

Aaron T's POV

He was doing it on purpose. It was cruel, he knew, but he loved to see the look of pure jealousy in Z's eyes. He loved seeing his fists clench and watching Z set his jaw every time he flashed a fan a wink or smile.

He loved to string Z along because he knew how much it annoyed him. It was his way of getting revenge on the taller man for whenever he'd avoid his eyes or talk to him because "he was too loud" or whatever dumb excuse he gave.

Aaron T knew what he did to him. He also knew that Z would never be upfront about his feelings on his own. Sure, T could simply tell Z how he felt first, but that was no fun, and he always liked a chase.

As they performed their unreleased song, it was clear that the crowd loved it and the routine. It was also clear that Z had had enough. He could feel his piercing gaze on him at all times, and he'd be lying if he said he didn't like it.

He loved capturing Z's attention. He wanted it all to himself. That was why he took every opportunity to show a little skin or incorporate a suggestive move into the routine. Every time he did, he won the reward of Z's undivided attention.

As the song started to end and the bandmembers split apart to freestyle their dancing, Jesse went to his knees and brushed his hands against his fans, earning excited and ear-piercing squeals.

The band squeezed out the last few lyrics of their song while T did the same as Jesse, kneeling on the stage and letting the fans reach out to touch whatever part of his body they could get their hands on. From the corner of his eye, he saw Z gaping at him with the most emotion he'd seen him express all day.

He smirked to himself as he sang the last note and the band's song faded into the sound of their fans. Just as T was about to stand, he felt the familiar touch of Z's fingers. They brushed the back of his neck and hooked onto the collar of his shirt. Before T knew what the taller man was doing, the man yanked the back of his shirt and he fell back with a yelp.

A fraction of the fans gasped in surprise as T's back hit the stage and Z's hands slammed to either side of his face.

"What was that?" He snapped. His voice was amplified by the microphone that hung close to his mouth. Z's thick brows furrowed as his angry eyes searched T's, a drop of sweat falling from just under his sweatband to the wooden stage floor.

T couldn't help but smile. He shook his head and took in the delicious sight of Z's beautiful and determined face. He hadn't expected his bandmate to go so far as to slam him to the stage's floor and climb on top of him. T couldn't even move his hips under Z's weight.

He was just about to reply before Z wrapped his hand around his microphone to block his voice from being heard by the small device.

"You know you're mine," he murmured.

T's mouth fell open. Did he really say what he thought he said? Did he hear that correctly?

Just as T was about to ask what he meant by that, Z's fingers fisted the cloth of his shirt and he pulled him upwards, shoving his mouth against T's.

His gasp was stifled by his lips, and for a long moment, T forgot that they were on stage. He forgot that they were broadcasting live to a New York T.V channel. He forgot that millions of eyes were one them.

Still, he'd been waiting for his kiss for months. They constantly played a game of cat and mouse, switching roles every day. This time, Z was the mouse and he fell into his trap. T's hand found the back of his bandmate's head and he held it close when Z's lips forced him apart.

He never expected Z to be so aggressive when they kissed, but the man savored his mouth as if he were starving and it was his last meal. But after so much teasing and angst, what did he expect? Did he really think that Z was going to just leave it as a quick peck on the lips? Did he expect him to simply give up the chase?

T didn't know but it didn't matter. All that mattered was Z and his roaming hands and his heavy breath on his face.

Suddenly, he could imagine his bandmate doing more than just kissing, but alas, he was brought out of his fantasy when Z abruptly ended the kiss, leaving Aaron T open-mouthed and laying on the stage. His hat had fallen off. Z licked his lips and wiped his mouth, sitting up and staring at T with wide eyes.

It was clear that he couldn't believe his actions. That was when T knew that he'd done it without even thinking. He'd made Z lose all sense of self-restraint. He'd managed to get Z to kiss him in front of a million people without reconsidering.

Z's cheekswere a dark red. He hid his face from the crowd, and just as quickly as the aggressive Z had come, the bashful Z had returned.

T smiled to himself and stood, putting his hat back on and making his way back to the rest of the band who stared at him with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

Then, the music of their next song started and they began to dance the next routine. 

The boyfriend song exists in real life. It is called "Let Me In (20 Cube)" by enhypen.