xɪ | ᴊᴜᴠᴇɴɪʟᴇ

[ 4

[ 4.11 ]

•.☁︎︎.•

IT WAS A LATE NIGHT IN THE LOFT, AND DEREK WAS STILL AWAKE. When the alarm went off and woke Isabella up on alert. Grabbing the gun off the coffee table, Derek surveyed the lower loft while Isabella surveyed the top.

Finding it was all clear, Isabella silently headed to the door, when she saw the shadow of feet on the outside. Looking at Derek she nodded her head towards the door.

With his gun held high, Derek walked up closer to the door. Counting down quietly Derek opened the door and pointed his gun to the person on the other side.

But they were both met with a soaked Lydia, who looked up slowly and wailed.

☁︎︎

After an eventful night, both Isabella and Derek didn't really get much sleep. As it hit the next day, bright and early Scott McCall was at Derek's loft returning the money from the deadpool.

"Okay," Derek said, as Scott passed him the duffle bag full of money.

"Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it." Scott asked.

"How much do you make at the animal clinic?" Derek questioned.

"Minimum wage."Scott answered.

"That's why, everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a True Alpha."

"You're not angry?"

"It's not even mine, it belongs to Peter."

"And that's why I say Scott, you should have never returned it. I don't know this Peter fellow, but I do know that he probably got all of his other money back so why would he miss a few grand." Isabella pointed out, as she was playing around with her butterfly knife.

"Hell, even my younger self most likely ran off with the money, but you didn't and that's what makes you a good kid." she praised.

Scott sheepishly smiled at the woman. Getting curious, Scott asked, "Where's your money?"

"You're standing on it." he stated.

Scott looked down to the ground and looked back up shocked "There's another vault?"

That was all it took for Isabella to burst out laughing. Trying to ignore her laughs so he didn't laugh himself, Derek corrected Scott "No, I own the building."

In between laughs Isabella managed to say "He's like a puppy, he came along slowly but surely."

Calming herself down, Isabella then turned to Derek "I mean this in the most offensive way Derek, but putting all of your money into a building is not a great idea."