|> ᴬ ᵍᵘⁱᵈᵉ ᵒⁿ ʰᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ᵃˢᵏ ᶠᵒʳ ᶜᵘᵈᵈˡᵉˢ <| ❤

. . .

You were slowly warming up to consciousness, your dream mixing in with the twitters of birds and soft fluffy clouds you'd heard and seen. Darkness still consumed your world, blankets of unmoving black acting as your eyelids. You shifted, your body heavy and snug in layers of some sort of padding, and in protest against the weight of whatever was enveloping your body, your core muscles strained themselves and you sat up. Your hand mindlessly patted the spot next to you, and your hand froze. Was that. . . A person?

You looked over, dazed and still waking up. Eyes bleary, and upper body being hit with cold air, you gently pushed a hand against the covers. They collapsed underneath your hand, your curiosity satiated for the time being. Your brain seemed to be deciding whether or not you were actually awake, as fatigue and heaviness picked at your body, urging you to go back go sleep.

Another breeze hit your body, goosebumps washing over your skin in a matter of seconds. and you looked up, bothered. Where the heck was that wind coming from- getting up, and nearly tripping, your eyes focused on a open window that you quickly shut, wind successfully blocked but the twitters and chatter amongst the birds somehow cut through the walls. "Stupid cold. ." Your murmur was left open-ended when you went to crawl back in bed, your eyes scanning the room. Your library shelves were gone, your chair had been replaced by something black and gray looking, and on the wall hung some sort of gold decoration- okay hold on.

Last you checked you hadn't passed 1 million subscribers on YouTube.

This wasn't your room.

You sat on the bed, lost and racking your brain for information. First thing you did was look down at your body. Nope, you were clothed in comfy shorts and a t-shirt (thank GOODNESS), and you sighed in relief. A little bit of panic was still grabbing your heart but you were doing your best to remember the night before. Your brain was still waking up, as was your body, making it hard to even sit up completely. You were already slumping, your body crying out for you to fall back onto the soft mattress. Focus. Wiggling your head, you snapped your eyes open as best you could. How did you get here? Where were you even? As you pondered the question, a whiff of something reached your nose.

A shampoo scent that you recognized was in your hair, and a strike of familiarity hit you. Someone you knew used this shampoo.

You looked over to the chair, seeing a full streaming setup.

The room, the smell, the setup. This had to be-

Adrenaline suddenly rushed through your heart as the door creaked open, and you looked up. "Oh, you're awake." A pair of blue eyes met yours. A tank top hung around his shoulders and a pair of baggy sweatpants wrapped around his waist, and strapped sandals were on his feet, making his look overall give off comfy surfer vibes. You weren't sure why that was the conclusion your mind came to, but whatever the case, his appearance must've made you happy because you felt a sort of warmth creep into your chest, and butterflies gnawing at the walls of your intestines, sickly sweet poison making your heart fight for its life.

Jack walked in, a slightly worried look in his eyes. "Sorry if you're a bit put off- a lot of stuff happened last night." What happened last night? He sat next to you, his hand gently, almost hesitantly, wrapping around yours as if you were glass, like he was gauging your reaction. "Scott made breakfast." He said, a sweet smile spreading across his face, and you swallowed, your mind unable to toss aside how pretty his smile was. "W-what happened last night?" You managed to stammer out what you had been wondering. "You turned 21 and immediately got black out drunk. And I, your designated driver," He jokingly raised a hand to hold his chest like a snobby high ranking official, "Took you to my place to get some food in you, since the bar was much farther from your place than I realized." "Mmmm," You sat there, confused. Weren't you supposed have a headache? Wasn't that what usually happened when you got black-out drunk? Also, what about Scott ;-;? "You passed out around 7 pm so you've been asleep for a while. You woke up a few times and boy," He chuckled, and your face flushed, embarrassed by what he might say next.