|> ᴿᵉᶜᵒʳᵈ ᵖˡᵃʸᵉʳ <| ❤

You and Ranboo are cooking in the kitchen on a calm Sunday afternoon, 1940s and 50s romance vinyls playing on an antique gramophone you guys bought while shopping with the cricket crew for your birthday. Ranboo is responsible with his money, and he knew you well, so without your knowing he bought it for you (for quite a few pretty pennies. . . Aka $600. Jack was low-key jealous because he had a large vinyl collection and no record player). It was in amazing condition and you were happily shocked and overwhelmed with ectasy. Seeing you react like that warmed his heart.
It's very sweet, the memories of it all. He likes to think that was the day he realized he was in love with you, and it stuck in his head ever since. . .

"Didn't we buy this record out in London?" He says, cracking an egg on the counter as you try to mix yet another batch of flour. You guys had made cookies but now you were preparing m&m brownies, a favorite of Ranboos. "We did!" You respond, murmuring a thank you as he hands you a whisk, making it much easier to mix the dry ingredients. "We explored a lot of different places that day, huh?" "That we did. I recall you getting all excited over seeing that record player," He smiles, fond of the memory from just a month ago. One of his hands is quickly mixing the wet ingredients as you finish mixing your own bowl of stuff, and the other is holding the bowl in hopes the contents wouldn't go everywhere. "I still can't believe you bought it! It was like 600 dollars!" You hold up the bowl of dry contents to let Ranboo dump in eggs, butter and sugar he'd mushed together. "I really do appreciate it, Ranboo. I'm so happy you got it for me, thank you:]." "Of course. I wasn't not going to get it for you when it was your birthday!" He says as he starts to mix the two contents together, creating a chocolatey smooth brownie batter with m&ms peeking out every few or more centimeters. As you two pour it into a pan, you say, "I know; I still feel a little bad you bought something so expensive just as a birthday gift. I'd never be able to afford something like that for you. Hint, that means your upcoming birthday present from won't be extremely spectacular XD." The two of you laugh as he puts the brownies in the oven, and he dusts himself off before looking at you. "Please, I'll love anything you give me. And don't feel bad, I- 'like seeing you happy',, already bought it so too late to return it 😃." "Pfft." You giggle and he feels a giggle rise in his throat as well.

The music drifts in through the silence of cleaning up, and Ranboo glances at you as he places more dishes next to the ones you're washing. He hears you humming along with the song that played gracefully in the background. You both recognized it as so this is love, from the Cinderella movie. A smile plays on his face as he waits until you wash up the last dish, and taps your shoulder. You turn, Ranboo stretching out a hand and bowing a little. "May I have this dance?" He asks sweetly, and you can't help but smile from how charming he's acting all the sudden. And of course, you play along. "Why of course good sir," You say through a bright smile. Gently taking his hand, his other gingerly entwines it's fingers with yours, and the two of you waltz slowly through the kitchen (which thank goodness it was big, otherwise you would've been knocking into anything and everything).

Mhmhmmm, mhmhm. So this is love, mmHmmhmmm~. Ilene' s voice is overlapped by your own as Ranboo pulls you a little closer, his eyes meeting yours. "You've such a lovely voice, darling." The way he talks sends butterflies spiraling in your stomach. You'd never seen this confident side of him, but you were loving it, and you almost felt ashamed that you did. "Thank you. ." Your flustered smile cuts into your smile, and you look away as he chuckles, amused but your embarrassment. And know I knoww~ He starts to sing with you, an immaculate harmony projecting in the kitchen. He spins you, and as you whirlback around two him you find yourself laying your head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. It seems to be beating irractically, like your own. You feel your cheeks burn as you feel his head press on the top of yours, returning the sort of snuggling gesture. Your arms had wrapped around his torso at this point (since you were much shorter than him) and you two are basically hugging while swaying back and forth to the music as it continues onto the next song, something that held no lyrics at all.

The atmosphere is warm and calm, and Ranboo's hands have started to run against your back in a soothing way, almost like a massage. You smile, appreciating the physical affection he is giving you. "This is nice." He sighs, your bodies just swaying side to side in an aimless manner around the kitchen. "Yeah. ." You murmur, sort of questioning the level of friendship people had to be on to do this sort of thing. "I learned something, though." "Oh?" You catch the mischievous glint in his eyes as you look up at him with an interest smile. "You like it when I call you darling, hm?" "Liessss." You deny it, not wanting your face to explode in a blaze of red again. "Whatever you say, sweetie." "Fkshfoshdi." Your incoherent mumbling is lost as you shove your face into his chest to hide any blush that covers your face. Ranboo laughs, knowing dang well you were flustered. He continued to tease you, finding enjoyment in seeing you be so fricking cute. "What, do you prefer cutie pie? Lovely? GASP! Or maybe even, darling?" "Oh my God stop!" You laugh, unable to handle how cheesy this all was. But you both are enjoying the comfortable atmosphere so neither of you mind how cringey this is.

"When'd you get so confident Ranboo?" "Something was in that brownie mix man," He replies, glancing away, pretending to hide something. "You ate brownie mix- when did you even eat some we poured it together!" You start laughing as he explains himself, and he just ends up laughing with you as you continue to sort of twirl around the kitchen. The vinyl plays in the background, melodies of uncontrollable feelings mixing in with the waft of m&m brownies. . .

~End~

(I legit may or may not have originally put this in a comment section LOL)

(Inspo is from this person @Winter2288)

(SHOUT OUT TO Loner_Eclipse GO FOLLOW THEM >:[[[[ [if you wanna lol they be vibing])