Epilogue: The End

FINAL AUTHOR'S NOTE: this is the last part of this story. i hope you all enjoyed. it has been an absolute pleasure writing this story, and going through all these narrative ups and downs with you amazing readers. i cannot thank each and every one of you enough for the support you've shown me: it's been absolutely incredible. i love you guys so much!

i'm not going anywhere, so if you enjoy my writing and are looking for more dnf stories to read in the future, i will be posting a preview of the first chapter of my new dnf story tomorrow. so look out for that.

for the last time in this book, i'll say: stay safe and healthy, friends.

-gracie <3

Dream walked up to George with a bouquet of flowers filling up nearly his whole arm.

George smiled, sitting up from the bench and meeting Dream halfway with a hug.

"Hi baby." George said, giving Dream a peck on the lips.

"Happy December 5th." George said, handing the freshly written letter to Dream.

Dream took the letter. "Happy December 5th...I didn't think you'd remember today."

"Of course I remembered. I hope you like the letter, I actually just finished writing it." George said.

"I'm sure I'll love it." Dream replied, placing the letter in his jacket pocket for them to read together when they got back home later.

"Soooo...orange roses..." George said, smiling up at Dream. "If lavender roses were enchantment and love at first sight, what do orange roses mean?"

Dream handed the bouquet of flowers over to George. "Orange roses: symbolizing desire, passion, excitement, and new beginnings. George, I'm so happy to be truly, faithfully, undeniably yours."

*Song Suggestion: Snow- Pam Asberry*

Dear Dream,

As I'm writing this letter, the date is December 5th, 2021: exactly a year has passed since we met for the first time. I don't know if you consider this to be our anniversary date, or if that's technically in April because of the whole 'us separating for two months' thing...I'm not sure. Either way, I consider today to be a pretty special date, and I hope you do too.

This last year has been the best year of my life. I'm sitting outside of the apartment right now writing this on the bench. You know, the white one that always leaves paint chips on your butt when you get up from it? That one. It's nice sitting out here, though, as I write quickly, trying to warm up my toes from the freezing London winter. 

I'm not good with words, you know this, but I'm writing this for you because I know hearing me speak about our love makes you happy. And, well...writing about our love makes me happy too, and this is the only time I will admit that to you, so savor this letter and reread it when you need a reminder of how amazing you are.

I'm not sure that I'll ever wrap my head around how great of a person you truly have become. Every second of my time spent with you is worth more money than any single person on this Earth could make in their whole lifetime.

The other day I was thinking that during all the hard times, you've been there with me. When Danny did so many horrible things to me, when my 'father' tried to wiggle his way back into my life, when I felt lost and inconsolable at times- I only wanted you by my side.

I want you to know that I will always be here for you, during the good times, but especially the bad. When you spill your coffee and your day just goes downhill from there, when you forget your wallet at a store and get all your cards stolen, when you don't get any sleep and you're struggling to make it through work. I'll buy you another coffee, I'll track down your wallet, I'll lay with you until you fall asleep.

While I'm excited to be there for the good times, obviously, the bad times seem almost as rewarding, because we balance each other out. I'll be there: not because I'm supposed to, or because I feel like I have to, but because I want to. Because I love you. 

When we were on vacation in Florida a few months ago, your mom told me that she trusts me. It took a lot for me to get that out of her, but she said it. She told me that she trusts me, and that she has confidence in our relationship. I thought you would be relieved to hear that. She finally trusts me...

The bigger thing is, though, that I trust myself, and I trust us. I have no doubts- no gray areas, nothing of the sort- about me and you.

Do you remember the night we first slept together? Like, full-on, slept with each other? I don't know if I've ever told you this before, but I don't think I've ever been at a higher state of bliss than in that moment. And it wasn't just the actual sex, because as good as that was, it was mostly just the way you orchestrated the situation. I felt so calm, so safe, so relaxed to be in that moment- to be in the present- with you. I know you tell me all the time how much you love me, how lucky and appreciative you are of me- but on that night, you didn't need to tell me: I already knew.

You show your love in the way you hold me, how you're so soft and gentle. You show it in your eyes, how your tireless gaze seems to follow my every movement, no matter if we're just sitting watching TV, or out at a restaurant- I always catch you looking at me. You show it in your tone, when you talk to me, as if you were to raise your voice even a sliver, it would harm me, so you speak slowly and softly.

You make me a better me. You make me happy to be me.

I love you Dream.

Undeniably Yours,

George