Chapter Eighteen

TRIGGER WARNING: POSSIBLY TRIGGERING CONTENT. READ STORY DESCRIPTION FOR FULL LIST OF TWs and CWs

The next morning, George sprung awake to the loud blaring of Dream's phone alarm. He then fell back asleep, assuming Dream would wake up and shut the alarms off, but to George's surprise, a second alarm went off five minutes later.

George leaned over Dream's body to grab Dream's phone off the nightstand, his chest grazing Dream as he did this. Dream woke up from this soft touch, but waited a few moments to open his eyes.

"You getting up?" George asked. "That's the second alarm in five minutes. How many did you set?"

George scrolled through Dream's clock app, swiping up and up and up, revealing the tens of alarms Dream had set.

"Jesus, there must be like fifty alarms in here." George said.

"I need to make sure I get up." Dream stated.

Dream grabbed his phone out of George's hand and put it back on the nightstand beside him. Dream then wrapped his arms around George's stomach and pulled George into his own body.

He nestled his chin into the side of George's neck and took a deep breath, in and out.

George giggled. "You are obsessed with how I smell, aren't you?"

"How can I not be? You smell so good all the time. Even when you haven't showered you still smell amazing." Dream said, planting a small kiss on the back of George's neck.

"Okayyyy, let's get up." George said, trying to wriggle out of Dream's grasp, and failing.

"Nooo, cuddle some more, please...I don't want you to leave..." Dream said, his voice lowering when he said the second sentence.

"Me leave you? You're the one abandoning me to go to work all day!" George joked, rubbing his hand up and down Dream's arm.

"No, I mean...can you promise me something, George?" Dream asked.

"Uhhh...depends?" George said.

"You promise you'll never leave me? No matter what?" Dream said, scooching down slightly and resting his head against George's back.

George untangled himself from Dream and shifted around in bed so they were facing each other.

"What if you, like, murder someone? I'm not allowed to even consider leaving you if that happens?" George joked, smiling at Dream, but Dream didn't smile back, and George's smile faded.

"Obviously that's not what I mean. I just need you to promise you won't leave me when things get rough..." Dream said, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

"Where is this coming from?" George asked, becoming concerned.

"George, promise me." Dream said, pleading now.

A small tear ran down Dream's cheek now.

George wiped the tear away before it had a chance to fall off Dream's face.

"I promise, baby. But things aren't rough right now, right? I'm happy with this relationship...I hope you are too..." George didn't really know what else to say.

He hoped Dream wasn't having doubts about this relationship, because George had never been more in love with a human being than he was with Dream right now.