Chapter Twenty-Four

AUTHOR'S NOTE: TRIGGER WARNING! CHECK STORY DESCRIPTION FOR FULL LIST OF TWs AND CWs

THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS WHOLE BOOK. THE END IS NEAR. GET READY GUYS! SEE YOU ON THE NEXT PAGE!! >>>>

"Can I come over please, George? I need you right now. I don't know what to do." Dream pleaded.

George looked up at Sapnap, who was already staring back at him.

George chewed at his bottom lip, then brought his phone up to his face so Dream could hear him better.

"Can you have someone walk over with you? Or I can come over there instead? I'm worried about you walking here by yourself in the state that you're in." George said softly to Dream.

"No, I'll be fine, I just need to get out of this apartment right now. Please." Dream insisted.

"Okay, um...just stay on the phone with me while you walk over here, okay? Even if you don't say anything, I want you to keep me on the phone, alright?" George asked.

Dream did what George said and showed up to George and Sap's apartment after about a half hour.

Sapnap had decided to leave the apartment for a few hours and head over Annika's to let Dream and George talk in private, so he was already gone by the time Dream arrived.

When Dream entered George's apartment, he sulked past George and sat down on the couch in silence. George sat silently next to him, with only the sides of their legs touching, waiting for Dream to talk first.

Dream's eyes were swollen and red, and his nose too was red and runny- George could tell he had been crying for hours. Dream wore just a tee and sweats, his hair was rustled in all different directions- either he hadn't slept at all the whole night, or he had just woken up from a long nap. George couldn't tell which it was.

They both stayed quiet for a long time, then Dream spoke up first.

Dream scoffed. "You know, Lindsey texted me right before she got in that Uber last night."

"She did?" George asked.

Dream nodded, his eyes starting to tear up already. "Yeah...I've reread that text over and over...god, it must be two hundred times by now? I can't get myself to stop reading it. She said...'Luv u, dickhead, even though you made fun of my outfit. I'll let you know when I get to the party.' I was the last person she texted..."

George smiled slightly at the humor in Lindsey's last text message, but was tearing up at the pain he could hear woven through every syllable Dream spoke. Dream looked so exhausted- so defeated. George had never seen him like this before.

"I had made fun of her outfit before the Uber picked her up...I was just teasing her. All the sparkles on her top and her crazy high black heels...she didn't look bad, though, that's the thing. She looked really pretty, actually. But you know, I see her as...saw...I saw her as a little sister. So of course I couldn't tell her she looked pretty...but she did." Dream said, tears streaming consistently down his cheeks now.

"She loved you...a lot, Dream." George said.

"I know she did..." Dream agreed, looking out the window to his right, lost in thought.

George didn't know how to comfort Dream. He didn't know what Dream needed right now, how Dream wanted to be comforted, or if he even wanted to be comforted at all.