Chapter Sixteen

TRIGGER WARNING AND *MATURE CONTENT* WARNING! (as always, check story description for full list of TWs and CWs)

"So he seemed, like...not an asshole anymore?" Dream asked, after George went over the details of him meeting up with Richard.

George scoffed. "Well, I'm not sure about that, but...he just seemed different than I remember him. He's been talking to my sister Lily for years now, apparently...he went to therapy?? The last time I heard him talk about therapy he called it 'a load of horse shit'. I wonder where along the way his opinion changed."

"You need to be careful, George." Sapnap said.

"What do you mean?" George asked.

"I mean that...you can't expect him to have completely changed after all those years of being a total dickhead." Sapnap said, looking over at George.

George shrugged. "I know that, but...I think he really has changed, you know. He has to at least be a little different if he actually talks to Lily now...she wouldn't allow him to talk to her if he hasn't changed. She's really strong headed- she wouldn't take his crap."

"We're not actually going to this dinner, right?" Dream asked.

"What? We're absolutely going to dinner." George said.

"I thought you were joking when you called me earlier and said that." Dream said.

George looked at Dream. "I'm not joking. I want us to go to this dinner, because if he says any rude remarks or anything homophobic towards us, that will just prove right the voice in the back of my head that's been lurking...I'm trying to remain positive, but I'm cautious as well."

"George..." Dream started.

"We are leaving dinner as soon as he says anything nasty to either of us, okay? I won't let him say anything." George said.

Dream nodded. The truth was, Dream didn't really care if George's dad said anything negative about him. That wasn't what mattered. What did matter to Dream was that George's heart wasn't broken by his dad. After all these years, George had basically hid from his dad, not only physically hid but he hid his emotions, his thoughts- he hid his true identity from his father. This was, of course, for good reason, but Dream couldn't help but think of how devastated George would be if this relationship with his father didn't work out.

"Babe, look at me." George said to Dream.

Dream walked up to George and looked down at him.

"I'll be fine either way, okay? It doesn't matter if I have him, as long as I have you that's all I'll ever need." George said.

"What about me? Don't you need me too, George?" Sapnap jokingly yelled from down the hall.