Chapter Three

TW: Homophobia, verbal abuse

Dream opened up the message.

Unknown Number 

6:32 am

"Hope you aren't feeling too shitty this morning, text me whenever you want your coat back"

Who the hell is this? Someone from the party last night, maybe? Dream had already put Danny's number in his phone the night before, so it wasn't him. He really only stuck with Danny's friend group most of the night. Who else could-

Dream's phone chimed as he received a second text message from the same number.

Unknown Number 

6:33 am

"This is George, btw"

George...George? Dream thought, wondering where he remembered that name from. A flashback from the night before came into his head suddenly.

*He was hovering over the sink in Danny's bathroom, his nausea beginning to subside but his head was still spinning. He looked over to his right and saw him. Gorgeous dark brown locks and big brown eyes. He was wearing just a simple hoodie and sweatpants, not an outfit Dream would pick for himself, but he looked amazing in it. He was looking through Danny's desk for something. Dream caught himself staring and looked away just before the man came back into the bathroom.*

George. Dream thought. He reread the first text George had sent him.

"...text me whenever you want your coat back"

His coat? Dream looked over at his closet door where he always had his coat hung up. It wasn't there. He didn't remember leaving his coat at the party last night- although, he didn't remember many things from last night. Either way, he needed his coat to go to that stupid tour thing today with his family. He only had one "good" coat that he packed (since Florida doesn't get cold basically ever). He had been meaning to go out one day and buy some new clothes in London, but he just hadn't gotten around to it.

He tapped on the "Unknown Number" and added it to his contacts.

He decided on "George :)" for a contact name.

He didn't know why he put a smiley face, but Dream was one of those people who loved having emojis or funny contact pictures for everyone in his phone. He didn't really know George at all, but he thought the smiley face fit him somehow.

He texted George back almost immediately.

Me

6:34 am

"almond milk boy stole my jacket? i mean jeez i pegged you as more of a trespassing sorta guy, not theft, but to each his own"