Chapter Twelve

*MATURE CONTENT WARNING!! for full list of content warnings, read story description*

It was a number with no caller id, so George had no idea who it was from, yet he answered anyway.

"Hello?" George said.

There was silence on the other end of the phone.

"Hello, is anyone there?" George asked again.

Still silence.

George hung up the phone.

Sometimes he got spam calls similar to this- where it was someone talking about his 'insurance', or telling him his 'bank account has been hacked'.

If it was important enough, they would have left a message, George thought.

"Was that Dream?" Sapnap asked, seeing George walk back into the dining room.

"No, I have no idea who it was. They didn't have caller id and they didn't answer when I said hello, so." George shrugged.

"Oh okay...wait so back to what we were just talking about: Dream told you he loved you last night?!" Sapnap said excitedly. "We can't just breeze past that, dude."

George laughed, blushing slightly. "Yeah, it was so random too. He said it right before he left for the airport- it felt like a movie scene."

"Okay, that's cute, I'll admit it." Sapnap said. "When does he get back?"

"Tomorrow, if all goes well." George said. "I miss him already."

And he wasn't lying. It's so weird how when you're single, you're able to thrive so well by yourself and you don't look to anyone else for things to do during the day, for what time you're going to bed, etc. But when you're dating someone, something shifts in your mind. You get used to being with someone basically 24/7, to the point where it feels weird not to be around them all the time.

"It's only a few days man, it'll go by so quick as long as you keep yourself busy."

"Yeah, that's exactly what Dream said to me, too."

"At least you have someone to miss."

"You and that girl didn't work out?"

"What girl?"

"The...one Dream walked in on you-"

"Ohhhkay, I get it. Yeah, surprisingly after that fiasco she slowly stopped responding to my messages. I can't understand why, but..." Sapnap said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.