Chapter Twenty-One

AUTHOR'S NOTE: i think there will only be a few more chapters left of this book D: it's crazy to think that i only started this book a few months ago and it's almost over. you guys will know in advance which chapter will be the last one, don't worry.

i'm already starting to plan my next book though, so if you enjoy my writing, stick around after this book finishes. i also will continue to update my dnf/karlnap one-shots series (Bathing in Moonlight) at least weekly, if not bi-weekly :) so look out for those posts

comment and vote on this chapter please!! love u guys, stay safe and healthy

-gracie

"Wait- did you want one or two pieces? I can't remember." Lindsey said, staring down at the warm plate of breakfast in her hands.

Dream chuckled lightly. "Whatever you made is fine, Linds. You really don't have to be cooking for me in the first place. I can cook for myself."

"Actually, per your mom and my mom's orders, you don't get your solo stovetop privileges back for awhile. Sorry." Lindsey said, bending down to hand the plate to Dream.

"Damn...what about the microwave?" Dream joked.

"I think-yeah, I think the microwave is fine for you. I'll check with my managers to make sure." Lindsey laughed, sitting down on the couch next to Dream.

She sighed, resting her head on Dream's shoulder as he took small bites of eggs and toast.

"I'm glad you're doing better, Dream." Lindsey said, her voice just over a whisper.

Dream smiled, patting the top of Lindsey's head. "I'm grateful for you, you little twerp."

Dream ate his breakfast and quickly went into his room to grab his journal before heading to work. He kind of hated journaling, but ever since the kitchen incident, his mom thought it was a good idea that he started writing in a journal again to have a platform to vent and get his feelings out.

This would also help him avoid therapy, which he dreaded. Dream wasn't even entirely against therapy: it helped him when he was at his lowest during the time when his dad passed away, and it saved him when his drug addiction got really bad in his teens. The problem was that therapy reminded him of those times. It reminded him of the lowest lows he's ever had, the sympathetic nods from strange people he barely knew that he was somehow supposed to pour his heart out to, and the prescriptions with their terrible side effects. He didn't want that again if he could help it.

Dream found that having consistent routines, keeping his free time busy, and journaling (even though he found it pretty stupid) were all things that helped. Since moving back in with his aunt, it was easy to not feel alone, because he had people around him almost all day long. Sapnap, the only one currently living at the dream team apartment, went the other day to get some of Dream's clothes to move them into Dream's aunt's apartment. Dream needed to be there: needed to be with his family.

It had been a little over two weeks of practically the same exact routine, but Dream didn't mind one bit. Dream would have his breakfast made, by either Lindsey or his aunt. He would then journal after breakfast, get ready for work, go to work, come home, shower, call his mom, eat dinner with his family, hang with either Sapnap and Annika or game with some of his work buddies, then journal once again, and go to bed to get his eight hours of rest.

On the weekends, he'd spend it going on walks, shopping, or perfecting his cooking skills (under supervision, which he was still kind of angry about, but his family would rather be overcautious than have something happen again). For the first time in awhile, Dream was starting to feel neutral again. He wasn't depressed, he wasn't manic- he was at a nice middle ground and felt content with where his head was at.