Chapter Eleven

It was a few days later, and Dream was about to tell his family during a family dinner that he wanted to move to London permanently, and that he quit his job back home. Dream invited George to the dinner as well, since honestly, he was the main reason Dream was moving to London in the first place. Dream had interviewed for the church remodeling job in London and he was hired right away. His work started in early January- his employer said he should be expecting a call after New Year's with an exact start date. Dream was so excited, and George was equally as excited.

The only person's reaction Dream was scared of was his mom's, because she had to go back to work and couldn't stay with him. Dream imagined it would stress her out a lot to be in an entirely different country than him, but maybe she would find comfort in knowing that he at least had some close family to check in on him. Maybe.

Dream offered to make dinner in order to butter his family up to the news. He made a roast chicken with some mash and veggies, his mom's favorite. He got all the place settings ready and sat at the head of the table, with George to his left. The conversation started light-hearted, with Emily telling a funny story about one of her classmates. Then George cleared his throat and nudged Dream's elbow to get his attention.

Dream took a deep breath, then began. "Uhh, family?"

Everyone's eyes flew to Dream.

"If it's okay with everyone, I have something to...tell you guys." Dream said.

"Dream, we already know you're bi. You told us that like a week ago, remember?" Emily joked.

Dream chuckled nervously. "Ahhh no, it's not that. Um..."

Dream wasn't even that nervous, it was just that he didn't want his mom to hate him because their relationship lately has been better than it's ever been. He didn't want to ruin that. Her opinion on him moving to London didn't matter much to him, because he was doing it whether she approved or not, but he just wanted to skip past the inevitable part in the night where he saw her face completely drop in sadness. He wanted her to just be happy for him.

"I quit my job." He started. He wanted to drop news one by one because there were a few things he needed to tell them, and doing it all at once felt wrong.

"What? Why on Earth would you do that?" Dream's mom spoke up first.

"Because...I'm moving here. I'm moving to London." Dream said.

Instantly both of his cousins and aunt were super excited, and his grandfather seemed pretty neutral about it, but his mom said nothing.

Dream continued. "Yeah, I'm uhh going to move in with George. And don't worry, I made sure I had a job lined up here weeks ago before I decided all of this." That, of course, was a lie, but Dream's family didn't have to know that.

"That's great sweetie! So, what's the new job?" Dream's aunt asked.

"I'm so excited for it. It's pretty similar to my old job, actually. The city is doing a huge remodeling and preservation program on a bunch of the churches downtown. So they need help from like architects, construction workers, historians- it's a massive project. It'll keep me in work for at least a year, if not more." Dream said.

December: A DNF NovelOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara