Chapter 30 : The Beginning of Everything

A/N: Hey guyyssss! It's been a while- Sorry for not posting last week but i got Covid so i couldn't post T-T

Warning: implied violence and past child abuse

________

"Guys, I got a text from Prome', you can go in five minutes."

Izuku felt like he was about to throw up.

    He had spent the last two weeks builing up this plan, he had double-checked everything and made sure everyone was okay with what they had to do. He had even took the time to have a serious and important conversation with Dabi, to be 100% sure his friend would be fine against Endeavor. It could sound egoistic, but Izuku would not stand loosing someone else. Anyways, with all the work and effort he had put into the preparation of this mission, he had technically no reason to be stressed. Even without Brainstorm's help, they had all worked together to make sure everything would be perfect. Izuku believed in them and their abilities. They could do it, he was sure of that. Yet, he could not help but feel his chest tighten. What if he was not good enough? What if he failed? What if he ruined the mission?

"Karma, I must tell you it is no time to daydream," Mister whispered to him whilst putting his hand on Izuku's shoulder.

   Since they were already in the Todoroki Abode – the gardens, to be more precised – they could not take the risk to be too noisy or noticeable. Izuku apologized for being distracted and focused back on the environment.

   He had expected to see gigantic gardens and only fancy stuff however he had found nothing like this. The gardens were pretty, indeed, yet Izuku had expected more for some which belonged to a billionaire. Some parts seemed to be highly taken care of, considering the excellent state of the rindous flowers (mostly blue ones). He assumed Natsuo or Fuyumi was the gardener since the work did not look professional yet made with love. Endeavor probably did not care about flowers, and it would be easy to conclude Shoto was not allowed to garden in his free time. Something else caught Izuku's eye: a grey foot ball in a pitiful state which must had been here for over a decade. The theory was confirmed with the words written on the plastic:

'Property of Touya Todoroki. Natsuo is unallowed to use under any circomstances.'

   As he was about to get distracted again, he felt his burner phone buzz in his pocket.

From 'Prometheus' to 'Me':
> Indigo.

Which meant: 'Dabi's attacking, you can go'.

   Izuku exchanged a look with Mister – tried to, he could not see the man's eyes behind the mask – who had read past his shoulder. They did not need to talk, they both knew what they had to do. Izuku stood up from where they had hidden and silently walked, back bent, toward the closest door. Dabi had told him this said door should be easy to unlock with lock-picking equipment, and he was right. It barely took Izuku two minutes to unlock it. He let out a sigh of hapiness behind his mask, enjoying each little victory. Izuku entered the house.

"Toga. We're in," Izuku said to his earpiece.

*

Atsuhiro Sako had never had his entire life planned.

   Unlike some people with a natural vocation for heroics, Atsuhiro had had much trouble find his way. One or two teachers in middle school had told him his quirk could be useful as a rescue hero, however heroics had never been an option in his career choices. It would be way to ironic, considering his genetic heritage. So Atsuhiro – after three far too long years of high school – he had become a freelance magician. The financial part of his life had always been difficult anyway, he was used to it.