Chapter 28 : The New Home

A/N: Hey guys!

Please read this, it's important!
Okay, this has nothing to do with the chapter but I consider making a change in the story (the past chapters, I mean) and to be more precise I consider changing who killed Brainstorm. Let me explain myself, Native's name and design has been inspired by Native Americans and it's starting to make me uncomfortable to villainize a character who ''''represent'''' a minority I'm not part of. This change won't affect the plot, only the hero would be change. Let me tell you what you think about it, especially if you're a Native American.

Warnings: past child abuse, past prostitution, alcohol, swearing

"This is a place where I don't feel alone. This is a place where I feel at home. 'Cause, I built a home, for you, for me"
'To Build A Home,The Cinematic Orchestra

______

"If I have to lift one more cardbox, I'm burning myself alive." Dabi sighed as he finally slumped on the couch.

After an entire day of moving in, tidying everything, and making sure neither Muji nor he had forgotten anything, they could finally take a break. Well, at least they had not done all of this for nothing. Whilst this apartment would never be a god-tier place, it was still way better than Dabi's hold one.

When they entered it, they were met with a small living room, yet still kind of cozy, on the left and a kitchen on the right. The said kitchen was surprisingly extremely functional, if they got lucky enough nothing would break for a while. Right across the entrance door, next to the fridge, were two simple doors. The first one led to a bedroom, since it only had one bed, they had decided to throw it away and replace it with two futons, because Dabi had spent the last four years of his life sleeping on a couch, and if he could avoid do it again, he would. They had also put a wardrobe to put away the small piles of clothes they both owned. The second door led to a bathroom, nothing fancy, they both agreed the left drawers of the storage cabinet would be for Muji (mostly feminine hygiene products and special shampoo for her ears and tail) whilst the right ones would be for Dabi (almost entirely stuff to take care of his scars). It was far from being perfect, but they would be fine.

"You already did this, be original for once," Muji bluntly said, still standing.

"If you give me a beer I'll admit it was funny."

"And that is what one of my client could say."

She still took two beers from the fridge though, and sat next to him. They did not turn on the TV yet, knowing they would find nothing but crappy romance movies at this hour of the day.

"First off, gross to compare me to them." Dabi opened his beer and took a sip from it. "Second off, what the fuck?"

"Yeah... Honestly I could write a book about everything these guys told me..."

"I get it, I did it for less than a year and, goddammit, I've never knew so many people could have a scar fetish."

They both kept drinking for a while. Dabi could not read Muji's mind however he knew she was trying to avoid thinking about old clients.

"Y'know, I was about to say I'm glad I'll never have to deal with creepy men like them, but then I remembered I'm a 'cat-girl'."

"Who's about to become a waitress," Dabi finished.

He could feel his skin boil up each time he thought about what Muji had forced herself to go throught to win money, he sometimes dreamt of burning alive all those assholes who hurt her. At least, as a waitress, she would be a bit safer, but not totally. As Muji said herself, she looked like a living fetish of way too many people so she would always have to live with this weight on her shoulders. Whilst he would never ever admit it outloud, he considered her as a sister he needed to protect. He had failed as a big brother once, so he could only do better this time.