Chapter 14 : The Heroes' Attack

Warning: Graphic depiction of violence, fire, implied child abuse (flashback)

The heroes' job is to stop the villains.
———

"I think something reallly bad is about to happen."

   As if they had heard Brainstorm, dozens of cops surrounded them, in the meantime, they caught Izuku, Hai, Dabi and Mister as well. Mister did not hesitate, putting himself in front of his son to act as a shield. Dabi immediately threw off his cigarette to the ground, ready to use both of his hands to attack. Brainstorm took out his gun from his coat, almost as if it was a reflex, pointing it at who seemed to be the leader of the operation, yet they looked like a simple man, if anything, they looked nice.

"Brainstorm, surrender. It's over." Okay, nevermind, he was scary.

"You're only here for me." The cop understood this as a question and nodded, but Izuku knew it wasn't. It was a fact. The police was here for Brainstorm, if they had to choose only one person, they would choose him. "Then let them go." Brainstorm wasn't moving, not even the slightest. How could they be so confident and cold-blooded whilst getting threatened and surrounded by cops and heroes?
"You are not in position to give your conditions."
"You know nothing about us, or barely anything. All the heroes on your side have public videos of them showing their quirk, and fighting styles, even Eraserhead. Fighting is also not your priority and shooting is your last option."

Brainstorm didn't need to say more : the cop pressed his fingers to his ear, and audibly said: "Let everyone leave, except Brainstorm."

"Take him and go." Brainstorm looked at Dabi from the corner of his eyes, giving a quick sign with his head that he was talking about Izuku.
Dabi sighed. "You better fucking come back," he said to Brainstorm, before taking Izuku by the shoulder.
"Wai-"
"Shut the fuck up and come with me!" Dabi ordered, and took Izuku directly by the arm this time, not caring the slightest if he hurt him.

   They took a narrow opening between two buildings, hiding there until Dabi could understand how many of these heroes were here for them. Izuku wanted to help, so much! but he had no idea of what he should do. He could not think correctly, stress taking possession of his brain, in such a way that all the informations within his reach were just made of fog.

"Hey, brat!" Dabi called him, snapping his fingers in front of his eyes to wake him up. "In all the heroes you've seen, who's the most dangerous?"
"Wha-"
"Just answer."
"Hm-" Think quick, think quick! Come on Izuku! "Probably Eraserhead, or Sir Nighteye."
"Of course it's those I don't know." Dabi muttered. "How d' they look like?"
"Oh, hum Eraser- Eraserhead's the one with the grey scarf. And- and Sir Nighteye had green hair and looks like he works in an office."
" 'K. Stay here. If ya' get caught just say I took you hostage, they'll be nicer."
"W-"
"Don't ask questions. Just don't move. I still have to do something."

*

   Senjin's binder started to give him trouble breathing, even though he had only put it on at noon. He would not be able to fight. And he had no idea of how long he would take him to react if he got attacked.  His arm was down, his gun still in hand. He needed to think rationally, to make the right decision, or else they would all perish, which was the first reason why he wanted to fight alone. Senjin looked at Atsuhiro, who had his face hidden behind his mask.

"You two, leave."
"There's no way we're leaving you alone!" Hai reacted, showing too much emotions.

   The heroes would soon understand that they were a family. Senjin hated it. Not that they did not love their son and husband, of course they did, more than anything! It was because they loved them that they did not want the police to know about them. If he got arrested today, and if the police did not know about their bond, Hai and Atsuhiro could easily start a new life, a less illegal one.