Chapter 6 : The Unexpected Family

A/N: Chapter 6 here we go!
You will meet two of my OCs this chapter so I hope you will like them :)

—————
Sometimes, help comes from the least expected persons.
—————

"You want coffee?"
"Yeah, please."

Shota would say it to anyone who would ask: being a hero was hard, even with a lovely husband like Hizashi — and two cats — to light up his day. He had dreamt of being a hero for most of his childhood. Saving people, catching villains... However, little Shota had no idea of all the atrocious things heroes could do. Money laundering, rape, hell, even murder! Actually, Shota had learned most of it less than two months ago. He knew stuff, working underground helped, yet most of it was hidden for everyone.

Karma was incredibly smart, and Shota hated to admit it. Why? Because the most dangerous villains were. Karma was not doing anything illegal, indeed. That actually terrified Shota. If Karma could find so much legally, what else was hidden?

Hizashi placed a gentle kiss on his forehead as he was giving him his coffee. "You're thinking about Karma again, aren't you?"
"Even Tsukaushi starts to get worried about what he could do next..."
"He's not like Brainstorm, he's just a guy behind his computer. Plus, I'm sure everyone will have forgotten him in a month. We've seen countless of people like him! He's just showing informations that people already know, after all. And if it was really that bad, heroes would have done something about it." Hizashi said as he shrugged his shoulder.
"Look at me in the eyes and tell me you knew about everything he talked about."

Hizashi did not answer.

"See?"
"Okay, maybe I didn't know about everything? But, please," Hizashi hugged him from behind, resting his chin on his husband's shoulder. "Stop overthinking about this, I don't like seeing you like that."
"I'll try..."
"I love you so so so so much!" This was followed by a countless amount of kisses all around his face.
"Okay, okay, stop!"
"Anyway! Do you want some good news?"

Hizashi sat across the kitchen table, his own coffee in hand, one of his famous enormous smile plastered on his face.

"I'm listening."
"I got a call from Sam while you were on patrol! He's in France."
"What the hell is he doing in France?"
"From what he told me, one of the Minister has been accused of sexual assault, so he's investigating on it."
"So, one of the most influent person in the country has done very illegal things and he needs to be stopped. Yeah, awesome."

*

"What do you mean by 'he has done very illegal things'?" Dabi asked.
"Does money laundering sounds legal to you?"
"Fair enough. So you plan to do an article about him?"

   Izuku sat more comfortably on Dabi's couch as he was eating some snacks.

"I have already a few to write before but, yes, I will."
"God, you gonna be terrifying when we'll be done working on those self-worth issues of yours."
"If you say so..."

Izuku still had trouble calling Kacchan by another name so they would have to work for a very long time.

"Repeat after me: Kacchan is an asshole!"
Izuku sighed. "Kacchan is an asshole..."
"Who don't deserve me!"
"Who don't deserve me..."
"And I own him nothing!"
"Great! Now repeat it all together, and say it like you mean it!"

Dabi was grinning at him, trying to look supportive despite the fact that his scars ached when he smiled too much, even if he refused to admit it.

"Kacchan is an asshole who don't deserve me and I own him nothing... Honestly Dabi, i don't see how this could work."
"Since you obviously don't want to see a real therapist, we're doing it my way. Add this to all the things we've already done, and it will work, trust me on this, I'm not as stupid as I look. It's the same thing those assholes did to you by telling you you're useless, but in the other way around."
"So you're saying you're emotionally manipulating me?"
"So even when I'm genuinely trying to help someone I look like a villain, great!"